Research Master's Programme Economics and Business
Are you interested in high-end research in the field of Economics and Business? Are you ready for an intellectual challenge? Then this is the programme for you.
The Research Master's degree in Economics and Business is a two-year programme and is open to bright and ambitious students
This programme provides you with a thorough basis in academic research in the fields of Economics and Business. The aim of the programme is to qualify you for a career in research. Therefore, there is a strong focus on scientific and academic skills. You can choose from six different profiles:
- Economics, Econometrics & Finance
- Global Economics & Management
- Operations Management and Operations Research
- Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Innovation & Organization
You will receive lectures from the best researchers, not only from Groningen but also from our national and international networks. Furthermore, the small-scale programme ensures an intensive exchange of knowledge, both between lecturers and students as well as among students themselves. Each student is individually supervised by a researcher.
Admission requirements - International students
- grade average - Selection procedure: the decision is based on criteria like motivation, talent, results in Bachelor, research-oriented attitude and an excellent command of English.
- language test - SOM's TOEFL code is 9077.
- math test - The GMAT or GRE test are required for students with a non-Dutch diploma. SOM's GMAT code is 7207.
- previous education - Every Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or econometrics gives access to this Master’s programme. Also, motivated students with other Bachelor degrees (like Sociology, Mathematics, Psychology) are welcome to apply.
- written request - Selection procedure: the decision is based on criteria like motivation, talent, results in Bachelor, research-oriented attitude and an excellent command of English.
- other admission requirements - Application date with scholarship = 1 January.
- Application date without a scholarship (EU / non-EU): 1 May.
Program taught in: