The Philosophical Faculty of the University of Hradec Králové offers master's degree which may be pursued in full-time study. Master's degree programme is designed for students who have obtained a bachelor's degree. The study is designed as a multidisciplinar overview of humanities and social sciences, in which Central Europe is characterized in a broad context.
- Inter-disciplinary studies within the scope of humanities and social sciences.
- Central Europe is comprehended and studied in a broader, especially historical-political and socio-economic context.
- Courses of Czech, Polish and German are offered as a part of the studies.
- A graduate of the study field Central European Studies will obtain detailed knowledge of Central European realia, particularly in the area of the modern history, politics, culture, society and economy of Middle Europe.
- The graduates will be provided with the ability to analyse the current social, economic and political events in this region as well as in the individual mid-European countries.
How to apply
by filling in the application form with attachments. Obligatory attachments include:
- Bachelor's Degree certificate - if the applicant has not completed a bachelor's degree prior to the application date, he/she has to submit the study confirmation. The certificate must be submitted by June 30;
- Personal statement – explaining why the applicant wants to study the field Central European Studies at the Philosophical Faculty UHK;
- Proposal of a dissertation project (especially the dissertation topic, definition of contents, theoretical frame, objectives, methods of elaboration and the list of related literature on the given topic) (the topic can be revised after the commencement of the studies in cooperation with the dissertation supervisor, or possibly redefined if not in accordance with the study focus);
- Confirmation of the language competence to study in the English language (e.g. university examination, internationally valid certificate).
Program taught in:
See 2 more programmes offered by University of Hradec Králové, Philosophical Faculty »
Last updated January 29, 2019
This course is
per year. Scholarship: € 500/ semester
Programme Type & Duration