Albanian, Anglo-American, Czech, English, French, German, Modern Greek, Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish.
Literatures and Cultures Concentrations:
• American Studies (taught in English)
• English Studies (taught in English)
• French Studies (taught in Italian)
• German Studies (taught in Italian)
• Iberian Studies (taught in Italian)
• Slavic and Balkan Studies (taught in Italian)
English and American Literary and Cultural
Studies (joint degree)
• Literary Studies
• Cultural Studies (double degree) Please check the admission procedure on the programme web page.
Estudios Ibéricos e Iberoamericanos (double degree) Please check the admission procedure on the programme web page.
Etudes Françaises et Francophones (double degree) Please check the admission procedure on the programme web page.
Thanks to the skills and knowledge the programme provides, graduates are prepared to continue their academic career with a doctoral degree or to seek employment with national or international businesses and at public and private institutions and organisations. Career opportunities can be pursued in the following fields:
• Image management and public relations consultancy
• Linguistic/philological research or consultancy
• Museum curation
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND ADMISSION
• Candidates must be assessed to confirm their possession of the minimum curricular and experiential requirements.
• Each joint and double degree has its own distinct admissions procedure; for more information, visit the relevant programme web page.
• For the language requirements of each curriculum or double/joint degree programme, please check the relevant programme web page.
DOUBLE/JOINT DEGREES AVAILABLE
• Double degree in “Estudios Ibéricos e Iberoamericanos” with the Universidad Nacional del Litoral (Argentina)
• Double degree with the Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3 (France) or Humboldt- Universität – Berlin (Germany)
• Double degree with the Universidad de Huelva (Spain)
• Double degree with the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (Brazil)
• Double degree with the Universidad de Sevilla (Spain)
At the end of their studies, students receive a Laurea Magistrale in lingue e letterature europee, americane e postcoloniali from Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and one of the following, depending on the double degree selected: Licenciatura en Letras from Universidad Nacional del Litoral; Master européen en Études Françaises et Francophones from one of the partner universities; Máster en Literaturas europea y enseñanza de lenguas (LEEL) from the Universidad de Huelva; Mestrado em Letras (Programa de Pós-Graduação em Letras) from the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo; Máster Universitario en Estudios Hispánicos Superiores from the Universidad de Sevilla.
European joint master’s degree in English and American Studies with the Otto-Friedrich Universität – Bamberg (Germany); Karl- Franzens Universität – Graz (Austria); Pécsi Tudományegyetem – Pécs (Hungary); Université Paris Diderot – Paris 7 (France). The selection procedure is managed by a consortium through a dedicated portal.
- American Language
- English Language
- 18th Century Studies
- 19th Century Novel
- 19th Century Studies
- American Literature
- Comparative Syntax
- Renaissance Literature
- Renaissance Studies
- American Cultural Studies
ACCESS TO FURTHER STUDIES
Professional Master’s Programmes (1st level and 2nd level) and PhD programmes.
About the School
Originally established in 1868 as the first Business School in Italy, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is a modern university, which encompass a vast and varied array of undergraduate and graduate deg ... Read More