Locations: Barcelona - Madrid - Online - Valencia Hours: Weekend
Qualification: Master's Degree in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy issued by ISEP
The Master in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy gives you the necessary skills for the evaluation, diagnosis, intervention and prevention of mental health disorders of greater prevalence in the child and adolescent population from a cognitive behavioral orientation.
The program also trains you for the effective application of intervention and prevention tools in the case of drug dependencies , adapting them to each case in particular, and introduces you to the techniques of clinical neuropsychological examination for children to recognize and describe possible injuries or brain dysfunctions , that they attend with a certain cognitive and / or behavioral alteration.
Master's Programme in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
The different modules are structured in three large blocks of content, which are the following:
- Module 1. The process of psychopathological evaluation and therapist skills.
- Module 2. Tests and questionnaires in children and adolescents.
- Module 3. Behavior modification techniques: advice to parents in childhood and adolescence.
- Module 4. Cognitive behavioral intervention techniques in children and adolescents.
- Module 5. Behavior modification techniques in the classroom.
- Module 6. Values and emotions: strategies of education in the classroom.
- Module 7. Psychopharmacology in childhood and adolescence.
- Module 8. Neuropsychology for children and adolescents.
- Module 9. Prevention and intervention in drug addiction.
- Final work of master
Competences of the Master in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
- You will be trained to obtain significant and objective data of a patient by reviewing the clinical documentation provided.
- You will adapt the evaluation and intervention process to the age, maturity level and / or difficulties of the child / adolescent.
- You will know how to search and generate resources that respond to the different difficulties posed by the clinical case.
- You will transmit security, tranquility and confidence, in the initiated process, to the patient, to the family and to the other professionals involved.
- You will know how to transmit the information, orally and / or written, in an understandable way.
Recipients of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
It is aimed at graduates in Psychology or students in the last year. The delivery of the diploma / master's degree will be subject to the prior obtaining of the degree.