The Master in Food Safety and Quality Aims to train university graduates in health and science sciences in the control and certification of food quality and safety in line with national and supranational legislation in force, allowing them to design, develop, apply and certify techniques and procedures For the bromatological, nutritional, toxicological and biological control of food, as final product, and the assurance of its quality and hygiene.
This degree integrates faculty whose teaching and research activity is related to different fields of safety and quality of food. It also has the collaboration of professionals from the health administration of the Canary Islands, as well as representatives of the business sector with responsibilities for inspection and quality control of food. Cooperation agreements with various public institutions and food businesses allow students to learn firsthand the procedures, rules and techniques discussed in the training program and complement their training.
Preference will be given to students graduates in Science and Health Sciences income.
Graduates in health sciences and sciences, such as pharmacists, veterinarians, graduates in science and food technology (CTA), doctors, chemists, biologists, etc.
Profile of egress.
Expert in food safety and quality.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions what the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Knowing the quality management systems and food safety protocols.
- Run analysis techniques in food and the environment where they are prepared to ensure quality and safety.
- Understand the concepts of infection and foodborne poisoning and its health and economic importance.
- Use basic knowledge of the epidemiological method and scientific method application in health problems related to food and take action against food-borne outbreaks.
- Knowing the main foods involved in toxic infections and food poisoning.
- Know the main warning systems and monitoring, regional, national and transnational.
- Perform assessment of toxicological risk from dietary exposure.
- Knowing approval procedures, updating, application and repeal of the different standards.
- Being able to properly use sources of documentation relating to food standards.
- To know the fundamental aspects of the liability of food law.
- Knowing the structure and management of a food analysis laboratory.
- Make reports of safety and quality of food.
- Dominate evaluation systems and management of eco-toxic accidents.
- Knowing the functional foods and potentially functional ingredients, and nutraceuticals.
- Verify compliance records HACCP self-monitoring system.
- Know the methods of monitoring the traceability of the different food products.
- Knowhow monitoring and quality control in the production areas.
- Evaluate different most relevant to consider in the design and development aspects of diets and menus.
- Assess how they affect conservation processes to the quality of food.
- Escandallos develop and nutritional assessments.
- Design and develop sampling plans for laboratory analysis.
- To participate in the development of the Quality System (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environment).
About the School
La Universidad de La Laguna ha ejercido una importante función de liderazgo educativo, científico y cultural en Canarias durante sus dos siglos de historia, impulsando el progreso de nuestra comunidad ... Read More