Public Relations – Professional Master’s study programme
- There are 750 tweets created in every second in the social network Twitter.
- 60% of bloggers represents the age group from 25 till 44.
- 33% of Latvians (aged 26 – 59) who use Internet at least once in week use it while watching television.
- Every user of Facebook has 130 friends, on average.
PROGRAMME IS ACCREDITED till Year 2019
DEGREE ACQUIRED: Professional Master's degree in Public Relations
QUALIFICATION OBTAINED: Public Relations Manager
STUDY PERIOD: 2 Academic Years
STUDY PROGRAMME: in English or Latvian
- You’ll be able to manage a public relations or communications business;
- You’ll be the public relations manager of a business, ministry, government institution or a non-governmental organisation;
- You may also opt for the career of a politician or a civil servant.
TRAINEESHIPS at the leading industry businesses — associate public relations companies of the Latvian Public Relations Company Association, local governments, ministries and other government institutions and non-governmental organisations.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
- In Academic Year 1 you will acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies required in the management of public relations and communication. The students are mastering how to effectively manage communications, resolve conflicts by using the lobbying techniques, represent corporate interests in various organisations and government institutions.
- In Academic Year 2 during the traineeship you will be collaborating with businesses and institutions such as SEB banka, Nordea banka, Swedbank, Olainpharm, TV3, Latvijas Radio, the LR State Chancellery and ministries of the government.
For students having previously acquired a professional bachelor degree in public relations or communications the studies will last 1.5 years. The studies are completed by a master degree paper — scientific and applied research on the subject of your choice with the intention of promoting your career.
CONTENT OF THE STUDY PROGRAMME
1st Academic Year
- Communication Science and Management
- Strategic Management
- Organisation and Process of Research
- Innovation and Creativity in Public Relations
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Public Relations
- Pre-Graduation Paper Traineeship
- Communications Law
- European Integration and International Communication
- Lobbying Techniques
- Marketing Communications
- Mass and Political Psychology
2nd Academic Year
- State Examination — Master Degree Paper
The study programme syllabi may be subject to updates and modifications at any time during the course of the studies based on the requirements in the labour market and the LR Cabinet of Ministers regulations*.
The study programme syllabi may differ by types of studies*.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2016