First teaching and learning master programme in Malaysia
Master of Teaching and Learning (MTL) from Taylor's University is the first of its kind in Malaysia. This postgraduate course is triangulated by three domains of knowledge: core pedagogical knowledge, learning area studies and reflective practice courses Providing students with fundamental theories in teaching and learning, this master’s degree also exposes educators to the classroom practice so that they can participate, reflect and interrogate theories with on-site professional development.
Information on Benchmarked Standards
- To produce graduates who are able to function effectively in progressive and dynamic school settings.
- To develop human capital that can transform Malaysia's economy into high-income status.
- To enhance the research and development capabilities of Malaysia's human capital in meeting the challenge of the k-economy.
- To develop innovative capacities of the Malaysian workforce so as to enhance its competitiveness.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of the programme, Taylor’s postgraduate students will be able to:
- Apply their understanding of curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment theories and practice to a subject learning environment.
- Justify the critical roles played by a subject's curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment principles.
- Uphold the practices of promoting, enhancing and sustaining a subject's learning and improving its teaching according to the domains of learning.
- Apply problem-solving and critical thinking skills in relation to the teaching and learning context.
- Able to express ideas clearly and relate to others in accordance with social context.
- Develop professional attributes, knowledge skills and competencies through systematic enquiry and reflection into own practice.
- Develop a deep understanding of the teaching profession which put the interest of the learner at the heart of the teacher's work.
- Able to adapt and meet the demands posed by changing global environment in transforming teaching and learning.
- Develop entrepreneurial knowledge and skills consistent with the needs of the market.
- Exhibit thoughtful leadership, able to lead a team, to plan and complete a project.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Pre-Service Teachers: Those who aspire to become teachers. The programme places students in a school/college setting, where they can gain first hand, practical exposure, and also network with potential employers.
- In-Service Teachers: Those who are already in the workforce but would like to specialise in a given field/subject and gain a formal qualification to reflect their professional status. The programme is ideal as 55% of the programme will be delivered through a work-based setting that reduces the need to travel to campus.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 20, 2018