Graduates will be able to:
- develop social work research and produce social work knowledge;
- analyse the mission and objectives of contemporary social work in the local and global context promoting human rights and social justice;
- reflect the integrity of theory, practice, and ethics in social work process;
- analyse the interrelations between social policy, social structures, and resources and design social projects;
- critically analyse interactions between social worker and client and perform interventions in complex situations;
- apply social work intervention methods emphasizing the participation of clients in the change process;
- understand the principles, methods, and restrictions of social worker activity in organisation and community;
- reflect the learning and professional experience, professional relations in organizations and continue learning independently, developing social work profession.
Master degree in Social Work provides possibilities:
- to continue studies in doctoral programs (Ph.D.) in sociology, social work, science of education and in other social sciences programs;
- to work as managers and as superior social workers in social security, education, healthcare, law institutions: social support departments in municipalities, social services centers, residential care institutions, day-care and community centers, nongovernmental organizations, hospitals, prisons, schools, universities, colleges, social research organizations.
Programme graduates are able to plan, organise and manage social services; design and implement national and international social work programs and projects; carry out social research; implement preventive programs; teach in social work programs; develop social workers' competences; plan, implement and evaluate intervention process working with individuals, groups, families, and communities.
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where ... Read More