The Master of Science in Public Policy and Management (MSPPM) 21-month track is a program tailored for students seeking to boost their career in positions in policy development, implementation and evaluation, and to manage these functions in government, non-profit organizations, international organisations and the private sector.
The program combines a comprehensive public policy and management curriculum with a compulsory 400 hours of internship program and an industry based /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListingSystem Synthesis Project, these real-world components of the program provide you with work-experience and industry knowledge to kick-start your career and differentiate you in the competitive global market.
Schooled in the interdisciplinary Carnegie Mellon University tradition and trained as an analytical problem solver, you will understand how to produce and analyse data after sound policy advice, and make effective management decisions. You will look beyond traditional paradigms looking to innovative solutions to problems.
MSPPM program has an experienced, professional staff that understands the needs of students and is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience for all students. Our practical approach to education enables you to immediately apply for the job what you learn in the classroom.
The MSPPM curriculum is immersed with challenging courses designed to tap into your innovation potential. You are empowered to customize your degree by selecting from a variety of course electives carried out via coursework and independent study. Class sizes are kept small and course content is career relevant to ensure that students receive the support required to excel in the classroom.
- An American degree from Carnegie Mellon University ranked number 7 in the U.S. News & World Report 2012 Graduate School Rankings for Schools of Public Affairs, in the specialty area of Public Policy Analysis.
- A study program ideal for students starting or advancing their careers.
- The full-time program provides eligibility for the Post Study Work Visa.
- A /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListing400 hours of internship program so you can develop your skills in Australia or overseas.
- A high-quality program that integrates management and policy theory, knowledge and skills.
- Incorporates practical experience through the /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListingSystem Synthesis Project.
- The program is NASPAA (Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration) accredited for quality.
Our MSPMM program features a unique interdisciplinary curriculum of analytical and quantitative studies. Students are empowered to customize their degree by selecting from a variety of course electives carried out via coursework and independent study. We are widely recognised for our unique interdisciplinary environment, encouraging work across departmental lines. As a result, our MSPPM graduates enter the world with the ability to solve complex problems.
The MSPPM program requires you to study 198 units in total comprising of 138 units worth of core courses, 12-unit Systems Synthesis Project and 60 units of elective courses. This combination of courses allows you to tailor the program to your career and interest needs by selecting relevant elective course whilst studying core courses which provide a core foundation of skills and knowledge.
Full-time students complete the program over five study periods. Students may commence in either January or August intakes. Each study period is the equivalent to 12-13 weeks of study and usually comprises of 48 units worth of courses. Each course is awarded either 6 or 12 unit weighting. Therefore you can study a combination of 6 and 12 unit courses to meet your program requirements.
Part-time students have up to five years to complete their program, however, most complete the program in two to three years.
For successful completion of the MSPPM program, students must complete 198 units total:
- complete 156 units of core requirements.
- complete 42 units of elective courses.
- complete /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListing400 hours of internship.
- complete a 12 unit /?utm_source=Keystone&utm_campaign=Keystone&utm_medium=KeystoneListingSystem Synthesis Project.
- achieve a cumulative quality point average (QPA) of at least 3.0.
Tuition is charged on a per study period basis. Cost per study period can change each academic year. Deferral of admission will incur tuition fees at the prevailing rate. The internship study period incurs no tuition cost.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
We offer a range of academic merit-based scholarships for students who seek financial support in their studies.
Financial Aid for U.S. Students is administered by the Heinz College Office of Financial Aid in Pittsburgh.
About the School
Carnegie Mellon University in Australia forms part of Carnegie Mellon’s global footprint.Located in Adelaide, the fifth Most Liveable City in the world, is home to students from over 30 countries, cre ... Read More