The Troy University Master of Public Administration (MPA) program provides quality graduate professional education for individuals associated with public and nonprofit sectors by integrating teaching, research and service activities.
The MPA program educates students in public administration, developing and enhancing professional competency and leadership by
- encouraging students to develop sound intellectual foundations;
enabling students to build skill competency required for success in administrative, managerial, analytical, and leadership roles;
- fostering an understanding of values and ethics emphasizing diversity and democratic principles;
- promoting the professional development of students;
- facilitating an appreciation for interdisciplinary approaches and cooperative relationships; and
- requiring research and service activities that apply public administration knowledge.
The MPA degree is a 12-course, 36-credit-hour curriculum of study. Students with less than one-year of work experience will complete an additional three-hour internship course for a total of 39 credit hours. Students may take courses as pre-service, in-service, full-time, and part-time students and through Distance Learning. The MPA degree program is offered at University College sites throughout the United States, through Distance Learning, and at the Troy campus.
About the School
International in scope, Troy University provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body in traditional, nontraditional and emerging elect ... Read More