Master of Management Science (MMS)
The Master of Management Science (MMS) Programme aims to offer a rigorous and specialized training program to candidates with interests in the field of management. It provides students with an international and flexible program to acquire a sound foundation for pursuing higher academic degree programs and to develop skills and ability to analyse and solve managerial issues.
2. Programme Structure
a. Dual-track option
The MMS program offers students the option to choose between the academic track and practical track. Academic track students are trained to perform high-level academic research under the guidance of faculty members. Students on the practical track develop extensive management knowledge and acquire a deep understanding of doing business in China as well as globally.
b. Mode of Instruction
All courses in the MMS program will be taught in English. Lessons will be conducted through lectures, interactive discussions, case analyses, and group projects.
c. Duration of Programme
The two-year full-time program comprises of four semesters. Students typically complete all coursework requirements by the third semesters. In their last semester, students will engage in thesis writing or internship.
d. Graduation Requirements
Students are required to complete at least 40 credits in order to graduate. Students on the academic track are required to complete an academic thesis under the supervision of a thesis advisor. Students on the practical track need to complete a period of internship and submit a report.
The courses are divided into five main categories, namely foundational courses, core courses, open elective courses, academic-track courses, and practical-track courses.
- Under 40 years of age, & with good health status.
- Valid ordinary passport.
- At least an undergraduate diploma and bachelor’s degree.
March 15th to July 31st (every year).
Students are required to accomplish the course credits and complete their mandatory training within 2-3 years. In accordance with the regulations of the Degree Awarding Committee, successful candidates will receive a graduate certificate along with the master's degree.
- XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Notarized copies of highest academic degree or undergraduate diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English.
- Notarized copies of undergraduate academic transcripts, including courses taken and scores obtained.
- Notarized copies of extra-curricular achievement (if any).
- Notarized copy of your HSK result or English language proficiency test results.
- Two recommendation letters from a professor or associate professor or higher academic authority at the applicant’s parent institution. (original copies)
- Two photocopies of your valid passport (Passport type must be ordinary), and two recent passport size photographs.
- An application fee of RMB500 (non-refundable).
* Note: The application materials will not be returned disregard to successful admission or not. Certificates other than in Chinese or English language must be translated to Chinese or English by a legitimate notary authority.
After examining the application, the admission office will make a decision on admission notification. The successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa application form), a health examination form and a guide form to the campus. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
* Usually the students are required to report to the admission office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the new term will be regarded as forfeiting the admission.
- Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable).
- Tuition fee: 30,000 RMB/YEAR.
- Health insurance: RMB600 per year.
- Accommodation fee (Grade One Single: RMB80/day, other options available)
* Note: The rooms are provided with attached bathroom, telephone set, TV set, air conditioner, central heating, study desk, chair, wardrobe, bed and bedding, and an internet access socket. The grading for building type is based on total surface area and added accessories. There is a common kitchen on every floor, provided with an electric stove and a washing machine.
Program taught in: