The Smith School is known for its academic excellence. Our specialty masters programs optimize our top faculty, resources and location to transform you into a business professional ready to lead, no matter which specialization you pursue.
The Master of Finance program will introduce you to some of the top minds in finance today. Our faculty are consultants to large financial institutions, multinational corporations and government agencies. This rigorous curriculum will equip you for challenging and rewarding career options in finance. Obtain mastery in the latest tools in corporate finance, asset management, risk management and valuation. Participate in Center for Financial Policy events, get industry-specific career coaching and receive excellent preparation for the CFA exam.
Strong quantitative background or understanding of statistics
The following are required to be considered for admission into the program:
- The equivalent of a US bachelor's degree
- Sufficient quantitative background — exposure to linear algebra and advanced statistics is highly recommended
- GMAT or GRE
- Letter of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Video response
- TOEFL or IELTS — if you do not have a 4 year or advanced degree from a country where English is the official language
- January 10, 2019 — Priority deadline for merit award consideration for international applicants
- February 15, 2019 — Priority deadline for merit award consideration for domestic applicants
- March 15, 2019
Applications completed by these deadlines will be informed of a decision within eight weeks.