The «Advanced Studies and Research in Finance» program is a one-year course whose main objectives are:
- to prepare students for a doctorate level.
- to prepare for the inCFA® exam, the highest distinction in the investment management profession.
- to provide a solid background and training to pursue careers in the financial, banking, insurance, and corporate sectors as research analysts, financial consultants or executives, etc.
Students will acquire up-to-date knowledge and become experts in a field of specialization.
The program allows students to choose elective topics, depending on their academic project (research or CFA® preparation).
The program and supervision of students focusing on research are supported by the Research Center for Economics and Management (CREM), the only research centre dedicated to Economics and Management Sciences in the western part of France.
CREM is accredited by the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
The program is taught exclusively in English. It consists of eight mandatory core modules. Students will attend several seminars on financial issues, taught by invited professors and professionals from the private sector, will be given to students.
Students will also take intensive French language classes.
- UE 9: Conferences an seminars
TU 1: Recent advances in asset management and financial markets
- Asset management
- Options and Markets
TU 2: Recent advances in corporate finance theory
- Capital structure theory
- Corporate Finance 1
TU 3: Recent advances in banking finance
- Management Control for Financial Institutions
- Risk management in banking
TU 4: Quantitative techniques and data management
- VBA for Finance
- Introduction to Bloomberg
- Introduction to econometrics
- TU 5a: Preparation 1 to CFA (CFA track)
- TU 5b: Preparation to research: theory and practice (research track)
- French as a Foreign Language
TU 6: Recent advances in financial markets and corporate finance
- Fixed income securities
- Portfolio management
TU 7: Financial accounting and reporting
- Financial analysis
- TU 8a: Preparation to CFA (CFA® track)
- TU 8b: Preparation 2 to research: theory and practice (Research track)
- TU 9: Internship
- French as a Foreign Language
© Franck Boisselier
How to apply
Tuition fees for the academic year: 6990€. They include intensive French classes and preparation for the CFA® (CFA® track).
The enrollment fee to the CFA® exam is not included. The fee does not include the CVEC (Student and Campus Life Contribution, 91€ for 2019-2020) and other living expenses.
More information on the fee structure can be found on the program website.
Admission requirements and procedure
Students apply via an online application system. Students already in touch with IGR-IAE officials will be notified of the opening of the server.
Before starting your online application, please prepare the following documents. You can upload your attachments in PDF and JPEG format up to 2 MB per attachment:
- Motivation letter, written in English explaining the reasons why you are applying to the program.
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copy of the Bachelor's degree (4-year Bachelor’s) and relating certified transcripts;
- Evidence of English language proficiency. The language test in English is not mandatory if you are a Native English speaker or if you studied in English at a University level. Non-English native speakers must submit official international scores of one of the following tests:
- TOEFL: 550 minimum paper test (80 IBT);
- TOEIC: 750 or above;
- IELTS: overall band score of 6 for Academic version;
- Proof of prior Higher Education in English speaking country (GPA of 2-4 scale)
- Passport-sized photo;
- Photocopy of passport or "carte de séjour" if applicable;
- Certified translation in French or in English of birth certificate (if this document is not available when you apply, you can upload your passport again, bearing in mind that the birth certificate will be necessary for various administrative matters upon your arrival in France).
For any question or difficulty, please contact:
Campus France procedure
If you reside in one of the countries listed below, you will also have to apply for admission via the official government’s website for foreign students: www.campusfrance.org
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
Both the direct application to IGR-IAE RENNES and the Campus France procedure should be conducted in parallel. If you need help with the application process, please contact your local French embassy or Campus France office for advice and guidance.
If your country is not listed here, you will only have to apply online.
About the School
The school is part of the University of Rennes 1, located in Brittany, in the Western part of France. Founded in 1956, IGR-IAE Rennes is a founding member of the national network of University Busines ... Read More