Enhance your computing skills
If you have graduated in a different area and want to move into IT or have already studied a computing degree and want to enhance your professional skills, then this is the degree for you. The Master of Computing Technology is designed to add to your current knowledge and skills and relate to the needs of your profession or industry.
- Software and the Web
- Network and System Security
- Unspecified specialisation - have the option to select ten approved courses from the Master of Computing Technology to shape your degree to your goals and ambitions.
In addition to one of the coursework specialisations, you can choose one of the following:
- Applied Research - Learn about research practice and ethics, data science and visualisation within research training courses, preparing you to research thoroughly and effectively.
- Advanced Research - Undertake an exciting research project under the guidance of an available supervisor. You will learn how to gather, organise and analyse information and ideas, to review, research and report on your chosen project area.
After successful completion of the Master of Computing Technology, with the Advanced Research research specialisation, you may be eligible to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) if you have achieved an overall GPA of 5.5 or higher.
The Master of Computing Technology is accredited at Professional level by the Australian Computer Society.
USQ’s Master of Computing Technology is flexible and relevant to a workforce that thrives on science and technology. You will possess high-level skills in computing theory, practice and research, giving you a competitive advantage in a career that is dynamic, global and in demand. Career opportunities after completion of this degree include software engineer, IT manager, database designer, database administrator, computer programmer, system and network administrator, and web information professional.
- 3-year bachelor degree from a recognised university, or equivalent
- Introductory knowledge of computing
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Cost & Fees
Approximate annual costs for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying
Number of Units
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 1 (February)
- 2 years or part-time equivalent