Advancing Tomorrow’s STEM Leaders
Rutgers’ Master of Business and Science (MBS) degree combines advanced, STEM-based education with professionally guided business courses — enabling our graduates to succeed in the current competitive market. We equip our students with innovative, cutting-edge academic knowledge, business skills necessary to excel in leadership roles, and experiential opportunities to help them apply these skills in real-world situations.
Choose the unique Master of Business and Science degree if you are looking to:
- Advance your career
- Reinvent yourself in a new field
- Pursue a job-focused, STEM-based graduate program
One of the most comprehensive programs in the country, offering more than 25 professionally-focused degrees in three main tracks:
- Life Sciences
- Engineering Management
- Computer & Information Sciences
Customizable, with courses that fit your career goals
- A broad range of courses to choose from
- Work on projects that matter to your career
Flexible, to work with your life
- Attend classes on campus or online.
- Weekend and evening classes
- Many of our courses are recorded for asynchronous review
- Part-time and full-time options, and the ability to switch at any time
We offer degree and non-degree options, in addition to certificate programs in:
- Science and Technology Management
- Pharmaceuticals and Clinical Trials Management
- Computation and Data-Enabled Science & Engineering
Why Rutgers Master of Business and Science Degree?
Our professionally focused, science-based curriculum is enriched by experiential learning opportunities, strong industry partnerships, and networking events that keep our students on the forefront of industry developments and enable them to constantly keep pace with rapid industry changes. The Rutgers MBS program is particularly distinguished by:
- Hands-on Experience: Through our vast industry connections and strong, active alumni network, our academic counselors and career coaches have built a thriving externship program and an internship program that gives our students practical experience with solving problems, analyzing results and communicating findings that are directly applicable in professional settings.
- Universitywide Partnerships: Offered through the graduate schools on all three Rutgers campuses, Rutgers’ MBS program boasts integrated partnerships with multiple schools and departments across the university.
- Comprehensive Educational/Career Coaching: Our advisors work individually with each student to understand their specific professional goals, and then help them personalize their curriculum journeys. We provide our student with personalized executive coaching to help them network, resume writing, interviewing, salary negotiation, in addition to regular networking events and career panels.
- Strong Alumni Network: We boast a robust, involved, and active alumni network that provides comprehensive, accessible mentoring and abundant networking opportunities. We host regular student-alumni mixers, and our graduates work for some of the nation’s leading corporations.
- Industry Partnerships and Connections: Our location within the New York /New Jersey industrial STEM corridor has allowed us to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with prestigious industry affiliates and company partners representing the nation’s top corporations. Executive leaders often visit campus to conduct industry-specific lectures and share their expertise through a variety of programs and initiatives.