Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
The Master of Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership degree is designed to allow certification for a principalship in a 36-hour program. It is offered in the eight-week format, classes meeting one evening per week, for 4 1/2 hours. Full-time enrollment is one course per eight-week term. Full-time enrollment during the academic year and two courses for two summers allows completion in two calendar years. Students who are employed full-time are encouraged not to take a heavier load.
Each applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited United States institution of higher learning or four years of equivalent full-time college work from an accredited foreign institution.
The minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) required for admission is 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Students with a GPA between 2.75 and 3.0 may be considered for admission if they provide an acceptable GRE or GMAT score or meet other requirements per the program director's discretion. In some circumstances, a probationary status may be granted to those who do not meet minimum admission standards. Although entrance test scores by themselves do not constitute the sole or final criterion for granting or denying admission to any student, each program that uses test scores will consider them, in combination with other criteria, as an essential part of the requirements for granting full admission.
Applicants who hold a master's degree are not required to submit scores on GRE or GMAT.
Admission may be withdrawn if it was granted on the basis of substantially incorrect information or on the omission of relevant facts, which, if known at the time of the admission, would have resulted in denial. In order to complete the application process, applicants must submit to the Graduate School the following documents unless otherwise indicated by policy:
- An application for graduate admission.
- An application fee.
- An official transcript of the bachelor's degree sent to the Graduate School by the issuing institution.
- An official record of the score on the aptitude portions of the GRE or GMAT, whichever is appropriate if required, sent directly to the Graduate School by the testing agency.
- A two-page philosophy of education and how that led you to desire a degree and certification in Educational Leadership.
- A letter of recommendation from a school administrator who has supervised your work.
- Felony background check and FBI fingerprint check.
- Child abuse and neglect screening.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2018