Concordia University Chicago offers an MA in ESL designed for certified educators who wish to pursue an online program with a robust concentration in teaching and learning ESL/ESOL to become an accomplished ESL/ESOL teacher. This program leads to Illinois licensure in ESL.
Candidates may also earn a graduate certificate in TESOL from Concordia-Chicago by taking five additional courses to receive skills and knowledge in teaching adult language learners in a variety of contexts and settings.
This program with the certificate option provides candidates with research-proven theory and instructional practice in meeting the needs of linguistically and culturally diverse student populations from a variety of backgrounds at varying levels, ages, and competencies in the first language.
Graduates from the program are prepared to demonstrate competency and proficiency as ESL or ESOL teachers in any of the following settings:
- PK-12 schools
- Community organizations
- Intensive English programs
- College/university settings
- Domestic and international settings
The graduate certificate in TESOL enables candidates to:
- Acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching.
- Acquire a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners.
- Demonstrate their ability to apply their learning in a real teaching context.
- Be viable candidates in a variety of ESOL teaching contexts around the world.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018