This Master's Degree aims to provide its students with tools and resources to help them develop a solid international career in the tourism and hospitality sectors. This cycle of studies is based on three pillars: International Tourism Policies and Regulations; Destination Planning and Development; and Destination Management and Governance.
A faculty of excellence is available to transmit technical knowledge in their areas of expertise, assisted by professionals of the sector who will be invited to present practical cases, share their experience and the best market practices.
In a global society facing worldwide dilemmas, we intend to provide our students with knowledge in different areas, such as Geography, Economy, Finance, Marketing, Planning, and Strategy. We aim to create global professionals, able to ‘think globally and act locally.
- Official tourist and/or Government organizations.
- International management functions in international operating businesses (such as service companies, hotel chains, tour operators, airline companies).
- Advisory and management functions in the field of visitor management in urban areas, theme parks, and nature reserves.
- International Marketing Management.
- International Consultancy.
- Research functions in international (new) market development, market segmentation or market potential analysis.
- External advisory functions in international corporate, financial and organizational development for small and medium-sized companies.
You are entitled to attend the Master’s program at Universidade Europeia if you hold:
- A Bachelor’s degree or a legal equivalent;
- A foreign academic degree, recognized as meeting the objectives of this Master’s degree;
- An academic, scientific or professional CV recognized by the competent body as attesting the capacity to attend this cycle of studies.
Applicants will be subject to a ranking process according to the following criteria:
- A final grade of the Bachelor’s degree of the candidates;
- Analysis and scores of academic and professional curricula;
- Interview for assessing the candidate’s motivations.
The scores for each criterion are established and updated based on a proposal from the Rector ratified by the Scientific Council, establishing different scores according to the nature and range of the candidate’s work experience, training courses, publications and other items of interest.
Companies & Partners
Throughout the Master's program, students will be in permanent contact with the business world, either through the development of projects addressing real challenges presented by the companies or through the participation in seminars and lectures promoted by reference specialists in the labour market.
- The entire master’s program is taught in English.
- International professors and professionals are invited to share their real-world experience and the best international practices in the area.
- Participation in International Research Networking in Tourism and Hospitality (included).
- Students will be able to acquire academic and practical competences and tools to work in a globalized world.
- International partnerships will strengthen the students’ network contacts.
- Designed for students who seek a broad perspective of the Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
About the School
The Universidade Europeia is part of the largest global group of Higher Education - Laureate International Universities - and offers access to student-centred quality education.