The ESAIP Engineer programme in Risk Management & Environment has been designed to enable you to understand the various facets of Risk, Health, Safety, and Environmental Management.
You can become an ESAIP Engineer straight after an undergraduate degree (3-year pathway).
- 18 months of class, labs
- 4 major team projects
- 9 months of Internships
- 2-semester study abroad
- 1 Major: technical specialization 600h over 2 years
- 1 Minor subject business sector orientation: 70h in last year
N.b: In a French Grandes écoles the years are counted from the third year after secondary school
The engineering program
- Year 3:
- Training in Angers (7 months) + Team Application Project
- Training abroad at a partner university (5 months)
- Company internship (4-6 weeks)
- Year 4:
- Training in Angers (5 months) + Team Application Project + Business Project Innovation Project team + Choice of MAJOR + Choice of MINOR
- Work placement (8-10 weeks)
- Year 5:
- Training abroad at a partner university (5 months)
- Engineer’s Internship (6 months)
ESAIP gives you the opportunity to complete your training with an international dual degree at a partner university.
4 Professional Majors
All our students receive training in QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment), energy management, and industrial risk management. In the fourth year, you choose a “major” a specialty based on your career plan to further develop your expertise. These courses allow you a professional orientation that enhances the skills gained in projects and internships.
Management and QHSE performance
- Your challenge: With strong technical, organizational and managerial skills, An ESAIP QHSE engineer can pilot QHSE systems and implements quality management tools. S/he also ensures compliance with regulations in safety, health, and respect for the environment while helping the company to maintain its level of production and performance.
- Position: QHSE Coordinator or Manager.
Management of natural and industrial risks
- Your challenge: Federate all the stakeholders around a culture of safety by establishing a dialogue, and supporting employees in change management.
- Position: Industrial Risk Engineer Management, Risk Manager, Consultant in risk management.
- Your challenge: To assess energy performance in firms and reduce the use of non-renewable resources to reduce the environmental and financial impacts. Accompanying individuals or businesses in a process for HQE (High-Quality Environmental standard). Study the possible uses of renewable energy.
- Position: Design Engineer in energy, Project Manager-Renewable Energy, Sales Engineer.
Environment and circular economy
- Your challenge: At the crossroads of environmental and economic issues, an ESAIP engineer: environmental & circular economy helps companies rethink the life cycle of products and services to create a world without waste with minimal use of raw materials. Contribute to a new model of society!
- Position: Eco-Design Engineer, Engineer waste and environment.
The integrated engineering cycle has team projects that take place over several months.
Scientific and technological project
It is part of a progressive acquisition of project management skills, with the methods of synthesis and communication skills essential to the practice of the engineering profession.
The application project
A team project on a transversal and multidisciplinary subject.
This helps to improve your understanding of career paths and to build your problem-solving skills.
The research project
It improves your research methodology and your skills in synthesis. This project is supported by the ESAIP Research Center, companies and research laboratories.
The company application project
Dedicated days from October to February will be spent on a company project. This helps you to prepare for the final Internship. It puts you in the professional situation of an engineering team with a mission, under the joint guidance of an ESAIP lecturer-researcher and a tutor of the company that defined the specifications.
Build a high added value professional profile through internships. At least one will be abroad
9 months of professional experience
- In the 3rd year: This is the opportunity to discover an industry or a business structure. Some students choose to replace the internship either with a humanitarian project via the PESF student association or a summer job.
- In the 4th year: The internship is for you to explore the technical aspects of the engineering profession, whilst giving you the opportunity to observe and understand other facets of the profession.
- In the 5th year: Over a 6-month period, this internship is your graduation validation at ESAIP . You will put into place an independent engineering mission. You will produce a master thesis and a defence in three languages reflecting the international nature of ESAIP.
Start-Ups / Entrepreneurship
In your final year, you get a great opportunity: to create a Startup during your final internship.
ESAIP will support you in your projects specifically through the “Entrepreneurship” minor and thanks to our established close contacts can get you help from government agencies
Build your professional network
You will participate in “trade” conferences and are accompanied in your job search by recruitment professionals.
For your employability, you get the support of alumni and partner companies with whom we have built strong relationships.
As an ESAIP engineer, you have exclusive access to a network of over 4,000 active alumni and more than 600 companies that have trusted the expertise of ESAIP graduates.
The average duration of the job search is 2 months with a gross annual average salary of € 35,000.
Employment in all sectors
- 18% in energy,
- 17% work in the food industry and metallurgy,
- 12% in consulting
- 11% in services (tourism, finance, insurance, transport)
- 11% in an administration,
- 9% in the chemical, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industries
- 9% in construction or civil engineering
- 7% in the automobile, aeronautics, naval and rail industries,
- 5% in the environmental industry.
Examples of positions
- QHSE Manager
- Security, Safety, Health, and Environment manager
- Health, Safety, Environment Engineer
- HSE Project Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Safety Quality Manager
- Environmental Manager
- Security Coordinator
- Environmental Coordinator
- Production site safety and environment manager
Companies that recruit our engineers
GSK – EDF – SOVIBA – SIPSY – APAVE – SILVEA – BMS Site UPSA – SPIE OGS– DELIFRUITS – CARREFOUR – VINCI Grands Projets – Vinci Energies – Groupe Ponticelli Frères – Syndicat des Eaux – SANEF) – SODEXO– Groupe Inspectas– VALEO Compressor – Bouygues– TOTAL
8 to 10% of our graduates continue their education after ESAIP:
- as part of a dual degree in management or internationally
- as part of a specialization in a Masters
Our Degree is open to candidates holding a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Risk Management, Environment, Health & Safety or related fields.
Internationally recognized standardized tests of English are compulsory for all candidates who are neither native English speakers nor holders of a bachelor’s obtained from an English language institution of higher education.
Minimum scores required: TOEFL (minimum score 550 ITP, 213 CBT, 80 IBT) or TOEIC (minimum score 750) or IELTS (minimum score 6.0)
Esaip’s Programme is taught mostly in English. Students are not required to demonstrate French proficiency at the start of the program.
Completed Online Application Form before July 31.+ Application fee paid online (40 euros)
- Statement of purpose
- Transcription of records Degree(s)
- Last Degree Copy
About the School
For more than 25 years now, esaip, a Graduate School of Engineering in Angers, has trained more than 2,000 young people in the fields of Computer science & networks, Risk, Health, Safety & Env ... Read More