The program is implemented in conjunction with Intel Corporation – a leading developer and manufacturer of chips, platforms, IT and operating systems, and the integral components of a server, network and communications products for the IT systems and technologies field.
The program is design-oriented. Emphasis is placed on practical and independent work. Above and beyond the study packages tailored to individual program disciplines, students have access to a wide array of additional materials for distance and interdisciplinary learning on the Intel Academy website, on the server of the Intuit National Open University, and through the Russian- and English-language educational resources offered by Intel (Intel Education).
An important element of the program is working with English-language study materials, as is studying business practices in the English-speaking environment typically found at international IT companies.
Graduates successfully passing additional professional certification have the opportunity to secure exciting R&D jobs at the respective divisions of Intel in Russia.
Brief characterization of the program
The objective of the master’s degree program is preparing world-class specialists who boast a mastery of the theoretical knowledge and practical skills involved in the fields of high-tech, high-performance computing, mobile computing, and human-computer interaction (HCI).
The program encompasses:
- courses based on the methodological materials provided by Intel;
- general-science and humanities disciplines;
- certain sections on theoretical informatics;
- professional linguistic training (English language).
Features (advantages) of the program
This program is design-oriented. Emphasis is placed on practical and independent work. Above and beyond the study packages tailored to individual program disciplines, students have access to a wide array of additional materials for distance and interdisciplinary learning on the Intel Academy website, on the server of the Intuit National Open University, and through the Russian- and English-language educational resources offered by Intel (Intel Education).
The following cutting-edge hardware and software is made available to students:
- computer class with multimedia equipment;
- opportunity to do remote work using the Sergey Korolev supercomputer;
- state-of-the-art, licensed versions of Intel Parallel Studio Cluster Edition;
- operating systems of MS Windows, Mac OS (by way of accessing the Mac Mini computer cluster via graphics terminal), Linux (Debian, Android);
- web-service for managing joint advancements and operating applications using the high-performance computing of templet.ssau.ru.
Programme graduates have the opportunity to earn a professional certificate from Intel.
Academic program structure (curriculum features)
Consistent with the State Educational Standard for higher education, the core academic program consists of three blocks: Disciplines (modules), Practical Training, State Final Certification.
The volume of the first block consists of 63-course credit units (CCU, which are distributed as follows:
- 17% general-scientific disciplines;
- 83% specialized disciplines.
Volume of practical training – 48 CCU.
Volume of State Final Certification – 9 CCU.
The study plan of the master’s degree program consists of three groups of disciplines.
Disciplines based on the methodological materials provided by Intel:
- Parallel Computing Technologies;
- Mobile Applications Development;
- UNIX Operating Systems Family;
- Human-Computer Interaction Technologies;
- Multimedia Applications Development;
- Parallel Programming for Cluster Systems;
- Performance Engineering of Software Systems;
- C++ Programming with Cilk Plus;
- Programming in Modern Fortran;
- Software Testing and Debugging.
- Foreign language;
- History, Methodology and Modern Philosophy of Science.
Selected sections of theoretical informatics and software design:
- Intelligent Systems;
- Digital Signal and Image Processing;
- Computer Networks Theory.
Particular attention is paid to the scientific-research work of graduate students.
The professional pursuits of program graduates centre on:
- Software engineering;
- Concurrent, parallel and distributed systems;
- Computer graphics and visualization;
- Computer performance analysis, testing and debugging;
- Computer architecture and engineering.
The level of training amassed by program graduates allows them to vie for management positions in the R&D units of the world’s leading innovation companies, as well as to continue their studies at the graduate level.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 11, 2018