Our Master Course has a unique approach to museology in its most innovative trends, especially at the European level. It is carried on under the auspices of the European Museum Academy Foundation (NL) which contributes with its experts and with didactic resources. Online modules offer the chance to take part in this Course also to students abroad under an attentive Tutorship. The Summer School will be held at the IULM Campus in Milan, a worldwide capital of design and fashion and the most vibrant Italian town. Seminars are planned in Milan as well as in other European venues.
This Master Course is designed for those interested in acquiring expertise in contemporary museology and the interlinkages between museum and heritage as well as in new media and museum communication. Graduates from the course will be ready to pursue careers in museums and heritage institutions, cultural organizations, educational agencies dealing with heritage issues.
The study programme consists of:
- One Seminar of 5 days in Milan at the opening of the Course;
- 4 on-line Modules with the participation of experts and practitioners with a documented international experience;
- 6 days of Summer School and diplomas giving ceremony in Milan including a one-day excursion to Venice;
- Free attendance at optional international meetings co-organized by the European Museum Academy during the semester.
This programme is subject to minor changes due to organizational circumstances.
- The Evolution of the Museum Definition
- Museums Management
- Total Quality Management in Museums
- Exhibition Planning
- Museums and Heritage
- Multimedia in Museums
- Study visit in Milan
- The XXI Century Museum
- Users Analysis
- Lifelong Learning in Museums
- Museums and the Web
- New trends in Museums
- Digital Interpretation
- Workshop Social Media and Museums
- Workshop Children in Museums
- Study visit to Venice
This Master Course is open to applicants holding a university degree (MA or PhD) or a BA accompanied by a documented experience in the field of museums and/or heritage. The Course is open also to applicants already working in this sector and willing to improve or update their knowledge thanks to the access to state-of-the-art didactic contents.
- Interview with the Master scientific board. After having proceeded with the application, the applicant will be contacted to be informed of his/her eligibility to continue the selection process to the final phase (last stage of evaluation), which will consist of an interview with the master scientific board.
Applications can be submitted through http://servizionline.iulm.it/ (Once you open the page, please flag the box to access the English version of the website)
You have to register first, and then access to your personal area, get into “Register's Office” and then “Admission test".
- Choose “Master Specialistici ed Executive”
- Choose “Master in Museology – online - January 2017”
Program taught in: