There is a huge demand for managers with strategic skills in the media sector. Successfully managing the media business and developing new products requires an extremely broad knowledge of social trends and developments combined with business management expertise. That's why decision makers with sound judgment are in high demand. Macromedia University's Master's degree in Media and Communication Management is aimed at outstanding graduates from the fields of business administration, communication science, and related areas, as well as young professionals from agencies, communications departments, marketing, and media companies, who wish to hold technical and management positions. The course, which takes a firm cross-media approach, develops entrepreneurial thinking and working. All facets of strategic and operational management are combined with a deeper knowledge of business administration, comprehensive project know-how and practical application to case studies. Students learn to see media development in the overall context of social change. Graduates are not only able to understand the media but also to shape and direct them.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Cologne, Berlin & Munich; the latter two are in the Top 10 “Best Student Cities 2017” ranking by Top Universities.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Several Programs entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Terms of admission
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for four-Semester Master's).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for three-semester programme).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
All MA programmes start in March and October and are offered as full-time programmes with a duration of three and four semesters. MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background. You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in. All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA. The programmes are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programmes and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more about us: www.macromedia-university.com.
Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study programme for your dream career.
Program taught in: