We Boost Your Ambition - Join us now!
3-in-1: One Master – Three Tracks
Opt for a curriculum designed in cooperation with Business Federation Luxembourg and the Luxembourgish Financial Sector, and qualify in particular for jobs in the Grand-Duchy.
Why Study Mathematics?
Mathematics is among the MINT disciplines, i.e., those fields that nowadays offer outstanding professional perspectives.
Shape the Curriculum that Fits You Best
The Master in Mathematics is a flexible high-standard curriculum that is close to the real needs of the students and the job market. Devoted to excellence, it offers a great variety of advanced courses enabling you to choose from three career-driven options.
- First year: Essential modern mathematical skills. Specialization via optional activities.
- Second year: Exclusively specialized courses matching the individual student’s professional project - 60 ECTS can be acquired within the following directions:
- General Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
The former direction 'Mathematics and Education' of the Master in Mathematics (MM) is organized as from 2016/2017 as an independent 'Master in Secondary Education in Mathematics' (MES-M). Changes from the MM to the MES-M and vice versa are possible.
Training with Future Employers
Hands-on Luxembourg-based training and internships with selected partners are defined with the teaching staff.
Top Reasons to Study Mathematics in Luxembourg
- A multilingual international university in the heart of Europe
- Renowned permanent and visiting professors
- Inquiry-based job-oriented options and teaching
- Interactive course formats
- Excellent students/professors ratio
- Outstanding multilingual and individualized tutoring system
- Unique proximity to European institutions and the Luxembourg financial centre
- Partial financial support via assistant positions for students with a strong academic background (± € 500/month)
- Graduates focused on the needs of the diversified job market
plus the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg - yours to discover!
Check the requirements below before submitting your application / re-registration to the Master in Mathematics.
You should be a Bachelor’s graduate or equivalent with at least 180 ECTS in mathematics or similar discipline.
A good overall command of English is sufficient. Language courses are also open to students.
You must prepare the following documents before proceeding with your online application to the Master in Mathematics:
- A cover letter in English detailing your interest in the courses and your study objectives
- A detailed CV
- Your Bachelor’s programme, a copy of your Bachelor’s diploma and relevant grades or similar document for another equivalent diploma
- A photo
- A copy of your identification documents/passport
They are considered individually by the Admissions’ Board of the Master in Mathematics.
Note: Applications / Re-registrations must include the four Master in Mathematics semesters. Admissions for the second or third semester onwards are only accepted in exceptional cases when the classes taken abroad are comparable to those taught during the first and second semesters at the University of Luxembourg.
Date(s) and Deadline(s)
Round 1: from mid-January to end of April (both, for EU and non-EU students).
Round 2: from end of April to mid-August (EU students only).
The admission fee is € 200 per year.
Programme at a glance:
- Start of studies: September
- Enrolment start: Middle of January
- Deadline Non-European students: End of April
- Deadline European students: Middle of August
- 2 years full-time programme / 4 semesters: 120 ECTS
- Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
- Teaching language: English (level B1)
- Campus: Belval
Program taught in: