What is the purpose of this international HRM Master? Its aim is to train Human Resources Managers to work in an English and multicultural context – in France or/and abroad – for small and medium-sized import/export companies or major international groups.
Tailor-made for future Executives in international businesses, the program was created in collaboration with IHRM professionals.
It is aimed at students wishing to pursue an international management career in a global context. It develops a wide range of up-to-date skills in social innovation and in HRM. The program will concentrate on the key role of HRM project management in an international context.
Four key managerial skills will be developed:
- Understanding the international and multicultural management context;
- Acquiring specific knowledge essential to work in HRM in an international context: talent management, compensation, and benefits, mobility management;
- Leading change management, team-work, psychological well being, HRM project management;
- Extending their international network, and working with people from different nationalities and cultures who share the same interest in international HRM.
© Franck Boisselier
Here are a few examples of jobs aimed by the master degree and sought for by companies:
- International HR Officer
- Compensation and Benefits Analyst
- International Recruiter
- Global Mobility Manager
- Talent manager
The specificity of this program is to combine a comprehensive academic program, in international HRM with intensive French language courses.
Classes are taught by French and international researchers associated with practitioners who are all experts in Social Innovations and Human Resources Management. All the courses are designed to be organized with small group dynamics: case studies, role-playing, and management problem-solving.
TU 1: International Human Resources Management
- International Human Resources Management
TU 2: Organization Theory, Leadership, and Human Resources Management
- Organization Theory and Human Resources Management
TU 3: European Economic and Social Environment
- European Economic and Social Environment
TU 4: Negotiation & Conflict Management
- Negotiation and Employee Relations in Europe
TU 5: Communication 3.0
- Communication 3.0
TU 6: Cross-Cultural Management
- Cross-Cultural Management
TU 7: Research Methodology
- Research Methodology
- French as a Foreign Language
TU 8: Workplace Quality of Life
- Workplace Quality of Life
TU 9: Innovation and Project Management
- Innovation and Project Management_Teacher1
- Innovation and Project Management_Teacher2
TU 10: Psychosocial Risks and Change Management
- Psychosocial Risks and Change Management
TU 11: Compensation & Benefit Management
- Compensation & Benefit Management
TU 12: Talent Management & Mobility
- Talent Management
TU 13: Digital management and e-HRM
- Digital management and e-HRM
TU 14: Personal Development, Internship and Professional Project
- Personal Development, Internship and Professional Project
- French as a Foreign Language
How to apply
Tuition fee for the academic year, inclusive of intensive French classes, is 6990€.
This does not include the CVEC (Student and Campus Life Contribution, 91€ for 2019-2020) and other living expenses.
Admission requirements and procedure
Students apply via an online application system. Students who contact us via Masterstudies.com or directly by email will be notified as soon as the application server opens.
Before starting your online application, please prepare the following documents. You can upload your attachments in PDF and JPEG format up to 2 MB per attachment:
- Motivation letter, written in English explaining the reasons why you are applying to the program;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copy of the Bachelor's degree (4-year Bachelor’s) and relating certified transcripts;
- Evidence of English language proficiency. The language test in English is not mandatory if you are a Native English speaker or if you studied in English at a University level. Non-English native speakers must submit official international scores of one of the following tests:
- TOEFL: 550 minimum paper test (80 IBT);
- TOEIC: 750 or above;
- IELTS: overall band score of 6 for Academic version;
- Proof of prior Higher Education in English speaking country (GPA of 2-4 scale).
- Passport-sized photo;
- Photocopy of passport or "carte de séjour" if applicable;
- Certified translation in French or in English of birth certificate (if this document is not available when you apply, you can upload your passport again, bearing in mind that the birth certificate will be necessary for various administrative matters upon your arrival in France).
For any question or difficulty, please contact: email@example.com
Campus France procedure
If you reside in one of the countries listed below, you will also have to apply for admission via the official government’s website for foreign students: www.campusfrance.org
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
Both the direct application to IGR-IAE RENNES and the Campus France procedure should be conducted in parallel. If you need help with the application process, please contact your local French embassy or Campus France office for advice and guidance.
If your country is not listed here, you will only have to send us your complete application file.
About the School
The school is part of the University of Rennes 1, located in Brittany, in the Western part of France. Founded in 1956, IGR-IAE Rennes is a founding member of the national network of University Busines ... Read More