Master in Hospitality Business Administration
This program offered by BBI Luxembourg, through a strategic partnership with EBU Luxembourg, is developed to meet and anticipate the increasing demands made by students who wish to undertake an Executive Career in the hospitality and tourism industry. The blended online master program is designed to equip the students with a more complete set of skills and knowledge with which to face a competitive and fast-moving world. The students will gain a firm practical understanding of the management trends that make a difference at an international level.
Hospitality and tourism are still one of the growing sectors within the world economy with a steady expected growth of 3-4% per year in the next 10 years. Other benefits from this program may include, increased employability and faster career growth.
This program has been developed especially for:
- Students living outside of the European Union.
- Professionals (any sector) wishing to change their career path by obtaining this degree.
- Hospitality professionals and specialists wishing to increase their knowledge and obtain a master degree.
It is recognized under the concept of life-long learning.
Postgraduate Degree Curriculum
12 months (120 ECTS)
Major Modules - 10 weeks (online)
- International Business Management
- Leadership and Management
- Enterprise Risk Management & Internal Audit Management
- Corporate Financial Management
+ 1 International Week on-campus courses & seminars
Research Modules - Case Studies & Workshops - 10 weeks (blended)
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
+ 1 International Week on-campus with seminars & visits
Assignment Modules - Research projects - 15 weeks (blended)
- Business Plan - Strategies & Development
- Thesis - Analysis & Research
+1 International Week on-campus with seminars and presentations of both research projects
Internship Module - International Management Internship - 12/13 weeks (practical)*
- Internships are a vital supplement to teaching and are an integral part of the study program. They are compulsory and are mainly carried out in major international hotel chains and tourism bodies, depending on national and international availability.
- The internship also serves as a valuable international experience for a student seeking a global hospitality career.
* Students who are in employment for the duration of the program can request an exemption of internship and will be asked to write an additional essay related to their professional life. This request will have to be addressed in writing to the president of the Pedagogic Board.