Sustainability, climate change, energy, and energy efficiency, green consumption and sustainable urban development are globally recognized challenges for the 21st century. Tackling these challenges requires a strong commitment from companies and private sectors, governments, agencies, and NGOs. The managers and professionals of tomorrow will require knowledge to understand the interconnectedness of economic, environmental and social dimensions, as well as competencies to manage and contribute the change towards a more sustainable world.
The Bocconi Master in Green Management, Energy and Corporate Social Responsibility (MaGER) is a unique opportunity for students interested in building a professional career in a multi-disciplinary topic characterized by growing momentum and increasing interest of economic actors and international organizations.
The program is designed to equip students with skills and competencies required in order to face these new challenges responsibly. Energy, renewable resources, and energy efficiency, climate change, and carbon management, corporate sustainability strategies and sustainable business models, corporate social responsibility, environmental and urban planning are some of the subjects that are confronted throughout the Master.
With more than 580 hours of teaching, about 400 hours of internship in leading organizations in energy and sustainability, integrated with workshops, field project, and company presentations, MAGER is open to graduate students and young professionals from different disciplines.
The Master in Green Management, Energy and Corporate Social Responsibility (MAGER) is a 12-month full-time program that proposes a multi-disciplinary educational approach to train the next-generation managers and professionals interested in leading the change towards a sustainable future. We have designed a new program with the goal of attracting talented students and young professionals with diverse backgrounds, who share passion, commitment, and values.
We provide awareness and knowledge on the theoretical, regulatory and ethical aspects of environmental issues. This preparation, together with the teaching of advanced management skills and competencies, puts students on a specialized career path.
- It is 12-month full-time program that proposes a multi-disciplinary educational approach to train next-generation managers and professionals interested in leading the change towards a sustainable future.
It has been designed with the goal of attracting talented students and young professionals with diverse backgrounds, who share passion, commitment, and values and want to balance their professional career with their ambitions and values. It provides awareness and knowledge on the theoretical, regulatory and ethical aspects of environmental, energy and CSR issues. This preparation, together with the teaching of advanced management skills and competencies, put students on a specialized career path. With more than 580 hours of teaching, about 400 hours of internship work in leading organizations in energy and sustainability, integrated with workshops, field project, and company presentations, MaGER is open to graduate students and young professionals from different disciplines. It strives to connect university education with businesses, agencies, and NGOs that have an interest in sustainability, green management, energy, and CSR
The Master in Green Management, Energy, and Corporate Social Responsibility is a 12-month program starting in January and concluding in December. The structure encompasses four terms, from January to December.
- The first Term (January - February) is characterized by preparatory courses aimed at standardizing the skills of students coming from different backgrounds. This phase consists of 5 in-class courses that are designed to assist students in preparing for the Master.
- The second Term (February - April) consists of 6 in-class compulsory courses and one compulsory workshop with the purpose of providing the fundamental knowledge and skills to tackle issues related to sustainability and energy challenges.
- The third Term (April - July) includes seven in-class specialization courses. In addition to 3 mandatory courses, each student must choose at least four courses aggregating different competencies depending on their interests and the four suggested career path. Furthermore, there will be two compulsory workshops.
- The fourth Term (September - December) is devoted to an "in-company experience" on the topics learned during the Master. The length is minimum ten weeks, and it will be based at the company's office. As alternative students can apply for a research project. In-company experience and research project will be tutored by Master's faculty members.
- Field projects (February - July) allow students to work on real life-business cases.
- Seminars and workshops, bespoke seminars, workshops and team building activities integrate the learning process during the first, second and third Terms.
MaGER is the first specialized Master program at Bocconi to have introduced the use of wireless devices (e.g., laptop or tablet) and advanced and interactive academic software as well as webinars in the classroom in order to enhance students' learning experience. Therefore, all students will be required to bring their wireless device for class work.
Since 2015/2016 MaGER is ranked 1st over 100 Masters worldwide in the specialized ranking provided by Eduniversal Best Masters on the topic of Sustainable Development and Environmental Management
The MAGER program is designed for:
- graduates with an undergraduate degree (i.e., Italian Diploma di Laurea, American Bachelor of Arts or of Science, French Licence, Russian Bakalaur) preferably in economics, management, engineering and scientific disciplines;
applicants who have not yet graduated must receive their degrees within 90 days of the beginning of the Specialized Master program; graduates with short professional expertise.
The Master in Green Management, Energy, and Corporate Social Responsibility equips students with the know-how, skills, and competencies to work in firms, international agencies, policy makers and NGOs dealing with environmental issues, energy, CSR and sustainability. Potential job opportunities are numerous and varied and encompass public companies, medium and small firms, start-up enterprises, agencies and governmental organizations and NGOs.
Placement Facts and Figures
The Bocconi Career Service, in cooperation with MaGER staff, helps students enter the job market by providing:
- on-campus presentations and the Bocconi&Jobs career event
JobGate, a web-based area with internship and job, offers a Placement Library offering information and reference documents on the Italian and international job markets CV Book, an annual publication collecting the CVs of MaGER graduates
MaGER graduates typically take up jobs in a number of different sectors such as consulting, private sector, public sector, and international organizations. Generally, they work as consultants, negotiators, policy makers, managers and auditors in various areas, ranging from risk assessment, reporting, and communication, to CSR, energy, and environment. For the previous edition, around 92% of students found a job within one year from graduation with an average waiting time of 2.1 months.
Examples of Recruiting Companies during this period include:
Accenture , Alcantara, Althesys, Bain & Company, Brioni, Burberry, CHEP, CIOS Grupa, Deloitte, Edison, E.ON Global Commodities, ERGO, Ernst & Young, FCA, GDF Suez , IKEA, Innovaid, Interseroh, Kinexia, KPMG, Moncler, OMV, OTTO, Proxima, Renewables Grid, RES4MED, Sustainalitycs, Tommy Hilfiger, UNICEF, UNEP, Vestas Wind.
Admission to the program
Admission to the program depends on a rigorous selection process based on the following factors:
- Degree certificate transcript
You are required to submit an original/official or certified original transcript of grades (in English or Italian) from the college or university attended. This must include grades for individual subjects with the grading scale, the type of degree, the date of graduation and the dates of enrolment.
- Proficiency in English
All applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English. If English is not your mother tongue, you must provide an English language certificate (i.e., TOEFL 100 internet based, CAE, CPE, BEC Higher or Vantage, IELTS 7/9, First Certificate). If you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in English, you will need to upload the transcript of records.
- Updated CV
You are required to submit your updated CV.
- GMAT, GRE or Bocconi selection test
All applicants are required to take the GMAT / GRE / Bocconi test. No minimum score for admission is required, but a high score is expected. At the end of the Bocconi test, there is a compulsory English knowledge test, even for applicants in possession of an English language certificate.
- Personal statement Reference letters
You are required to provide two letters of reference, preferably one academic, and one non-academic. These need to be submitted directly by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org on official paper and with their signature.
- An English video interview
(see below instructions on how to proceed with the video interview)
- Recall Interview
Potential candidates could be invited for a re-call admission interview. This allows you to show that you possess the essential skills and motivation to participate. The interview may be held in Milan at Bocconi University or by Conference call or telephone.
The Università Bocconi MAGER program is designed for graduates with an undergraduate degree (i.e., Italian Diploma di Laurea, American Bachelor of Arts or of Science, French Licence, Russian Bakalaur). Applicants who have not yet graduated must receive their degrees within 90 days of the beginning of the Specialized Master program)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 25, 2018