The European master of 1st level, validated by E.A.B.H.E.S., lasting one year-long course is intended to provide a solid education to realize a green area, wisely disposing its elements and organizing each phase. At the end of the annual path, they are released 60 ECTS credits (European credits).
It is articulated in basic teachings and complementary teachings. It is completed with an internship and accompanied by extra events opened to everyone. The basic teachings comprehend Garden History and Culture, Climate, Botanic, Plants Nomenclature and Recognition, Structural Elements (water-drainage, use of materials, furniture), Designing, Drawing (free-hand, Technical and CAD) and communication.
The complementary teachings are an environmental comfort and legal and economic aspects, playground areas, pet and animals dedicated areas.
The internship, lasting at least six weeks, will fulfil the education process. Since the course is dedicated to interested and motivated young people with an advanced general culture, and not to specialists, an access test will be held to evaluate the students' preparation and to calibrate the complexity and variety of the subjects according to their real needs.
To enrich this year's edition, many workshops and meetings with Italian and foreign landscapers, guided tours to "the Grand Gardens" of Milan and Lombardy, and a study trip in a European City.
The Master in Garden Design is under Sponsorship of Milan Architect's Order.
PROJECTUAL AREA (WORKSHOP)
- Workshop 1: Private Garden
- Workshop 2: Public Garden
- Thematic Workshop
PROJECTUAL SUPPORT AREA
- CAD: AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Art and Landscape
- Illustration and Graphics
- History of the Garden
- Project Portfolio
- Garden Safari
First Level Master in Garden Design – A.A. 2017/2018
accredited by E.A.B.H.E.S. - European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools under the Sponsorship of Milan's Architects Order.
Provision of N.2 scholarships of tuition fee for Italian and foreigner graduated students:
- Italian and EU students: N.1 scholarship of partial coverage equal to 50% for total amount of €5.825,00 of tuition fee of €11.650,00 (E.A.B.H.E.S. accreditation and tax exam excluded)
- NON-EU students: N.1 scholarship of partial coverage equal to 50% for total amount of €6.225,00 of tuition fee of €12.450,00 (E.A.B.H.E.S. accreditation and tax exam excluded)
The master will take place from November 7th, 2017 until July 27th, 2018, compulsory attendance from Monday to Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at ISAD – Istituto Superiore di Architettura e Design. The educational program includes a full-time internship in the most prestigious studios and firms. The master will be held by teachers-professionals of the field as detailed in the program published on the website www.isad.it.
Requirements for participation in the selection
Participation in the competition is open to candidates who are not in possession of other scholarships and meet the following requirements:
- graduates in Architecture, Design and Building Engineering (3 or 5 years)
- graduates in Botany, Agriculture, Forestry Sciences, Environmental Sciences (3 or 5 years)
- graduates of a 3-year program in an accredited Design School
Documents to be sent
- participation form completely filled in
- letter of purpose
- curriculum vitae with a brief personal profile
- portfolio in an A4 format with a max of 10 pages that illustrate project works during university path graduation/diploma degree with the transfer of credits and final thesis general point average (GPA) declaration stating that student is not holding any other scholarship
Selection for the participation to the scholarships will be done based on the evaluation of the curricula, the portfolio and the graduation/diploma degree with the transfer of credits and final thesis general point average (GPA). These documents have to be sent to email@example.com, not later than Friday, September 15th, 2017.
Evaluation and selection of winners
Results will be communicateonin September 26th, 2017.
Candidates are having 48 hours to accept the scholarship sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. From the acceptance, the winner is having 5 days time to apply for the course, and send a copy of the payment for the tax of inscription of €3.150,00 VAT included. If the winner is not going to accept the scholarship, or if the winner is not sending the application before the scheduled time, the scholarship will be considered refused and the Commission could assign it to another candidate.
N.B. Please see the related tuition fees and payment schedule.
About the School
ISAD has the purpose to offer a high quality vocational education in the field of Architecture and Design. After more than 30 years of experience, the Institute is involved in a constant evolution and ... Read More