Master in Cyber Security – Mode of Study
2-year part-time Master program in Amsterdam/Leiden (Netherlands). You can choose to take the Master in Cyber Security by e-learning, in a physical classroom environment (only 1 evening per week!) or a combination of both.
Stand-alone program: Certificate in Cyber Security - Threat Detection (part of the Master in Cyber Security)
Cyber Security experts are in high demand
Cyber Security threats do not respect borders. With the dramatic rise in global cybercrime,
Cyber Security has become one of the fastest growing IT disciplines in the world today. No organisation wants to be a victim of cybercrime. The fallout can take years to fix and in some instances, it can be hard to fully recover at all. The growing concern among decision makers at major organizations over cybercrime is, therefore, boosting the demand for Cyber Security experts worldwide. (ISC)2, being a security certification and industry body, revealed that by 2020, there will be a shortfall of 1.5 million Cyber Security experts. Be quick and get your global Master degree in Cyber Security now!
The Master degree in Cyber Security is one of the most current in-demand graduate qualifications in the world
In collaboration with an outstanding American university, we now offer you a Cyber Security specialization program on a Master level. Various leading Cyber Security experts from all over the world will teach you. In 2 years time (one evening per week and/or through e-learning), you will earn a Master degree in global Cyber Security!
Global Cyber Security recognition with the Master degree in Cyber Security!
The Master in Cyber Security will prepare you to take up challenging and rewarding career positions in various high-demand industries in the private and public sector. You can take on responsibilities that include the administration, operation and protection of mission-critical computer systems, information systems, networks, infrastructures and communication networks.
For this Master, we are looking for high potentials with a global mindset. Your fellow students work as managers, consultants or researchers for organizations that specialize in Cyber Security or that heavily rely on IT security. Already offered at a number of campuses in the USA, we now offer you the first Master in Cyber Security in Europe, in Amsterdam/Leiden (Netherlands). The university is one of the most diverse and global universities in the world. As a student, you have the opportunity to study in Europe while earning an accredited American Master degree. So far, the only possibility to physically study this Master is in Amsterdam/Leiden.
Why study for a Master in Cyber Security with us?
We offer the international Master of Cyber Security in collaboration with the only American university that is accredited in The Netherlands. The campus of this university in Leiden is home to a variety of students from over 50 countries worldwide. You will be connected to a network of more than 170,000 alumni worldwide. Points of distinction of this Master are:
- The Master in Cyber Security consists of 13 courses, spanning 2 months each. You can take a course at a time that personally suits you.
- Each course consists of 8 - 9 classes and can be taken physically in a classroom-based setting or through e-learning.
- All classes are scheduled in the evening from 6 PM - 10 PM and usually only once a week so that you can easily combine this Master with your job.
- You are allowed to miss 2 evening classes per course. Should you miss a class, you can catch up via the online learning environment.
- The average class size is only 12 with a maximum of 15 students.
- You can choose to book and pay for each course separately (only € 2,400) instead of paying for the complete Master at once.
- You can take a term off if necessary without any (financial) penalties involved.
- There are 5 start dates a year, in January, March, May, August and October.
- As the term schedule is consistent across all international campuses, you may study at other locations abroad any time.
- A personal academic advisor, who provides you with all the help you need and who really cares about your success, will assist you.
- This Master offers a global perspective on Cyber Security from a global university.
- You will earn the official American MS (Master in Cyber Security) degree, equivalent to the well-known European MSc degree.
Master in Cyber Security – Language of Instruction
The language of instruction for the Master in Cyber Security program is English.
Master in Cyber Security – Admission Requirements
The Master in Cyber Security aims at professionals with a relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree in the field of IT, Business or International Relations, an adequate proficiency in the English language and several years of professional experience, who wish to broaden or deepen their knowledge of Cyber Security. You will need to take an English proficiency test at the start of the Master in order to proceed.
Master in Cyber Security – Course Load
The Master in Cyber Security program consists of 6 core courses, 2 capstone courses and 5 elective courses that deal with basic, advanced and specialized Cyber Security aspects. These include an emphasis on various kinds of threat resolution and problem-solving measures. One course grants you 3 credit hours and consists of 8 - 9 evening classes spanning 2 months. You must gain a total of 39 credit hours to successfully accomplish this graduate program. Per course you need to take into account 8 - 12 study hours per week, excluding the classroom or online sessions.
Certificate in Cyber Security - Threat Detection – Part of the Master in Cyber Security
Threat detection focuses on the knowledge and tools necessary to address the increasing demand for corporate and governmental organizations to improve the security of their cyber content. The 4 courses of this certificate, each spanning 2 months, provide an understanding of the foundation of current Cyber Security threats, the phraseology and terminology used in the sector, as well as the various roles, responsibilities and tools related to the detection of cyber threats.
The Certificate in Cyber Security - Threat Detection consists of the following 4 courses and is offered both online and in a physical classroom environment:
- Course 1 - Introduction to Cyber Security
- Course 2 - Cyber Security Law and Policy
- Course 3 - Cyber Security Infrastructures
- Course 4 - Cyber Security Threat Detection
You can enrol in this Master every 2 months. You should, however, always start with the core course ‘Introduction to Cyber Security’. Thereafter you can take the courses in the order you wish, in agreement with your academic advisor.
You can enrol for the complete Master in Cyber Security at once. You can also choose to enrol for the stand-alone Certificate in Cyber Security - Threat Detection or choose just one or more courses from the full Master. The core course ‘Introduction to Cyber Security’ starts on:
- 20 March 2018 (e-learning)
- 20 August 2018 (classroom)