Gain powerful skills in both construction engineering and business management and prepare to lead mega-projects around the world.
The construction engineering and management master’s program is designed to strengthen technical training and develop skills in managing costs, time constraints, quality, and safety controls while preparing students to lead global construction projects.
Stevens is one of just a few universities in the New York area to offer this cutting-edge program – and perhaps the only university in the region with a special focus on mega projects. By the time you graduate, you will have competitive leadership skills to help you pursue an executive-track career in the global construction industry.
The Stevens Advantage
The construction engineering and management master’s program offers three tracks of study, maximum curricular flexibility, and one-of-a-kind classes developed specifically for you—just 15 minutes from downtown Manhattan. You’ll also have the opportunity to network with industry leaders, gain work experience through our co-op program, visit the Shanghai Tower and work with faculty experts from the World Trade Center, Hudson Yards and the Olympics.
- Three tracks of study
- Access to construction sites on campus
- Thesis and non-thesis options
- Access to NYC area job sites such as Hudson Yards
- Exposure to cutting-edge software for industry-specific expertise
- Development of competitive leadership skills
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) available for international students
Areas of Focus
- Experiential Opportunities
- Technology in the Built Environment
Who Should Apply?
We welcome applicants who have a passion for construction and a drive to innovate. You can apply with an undergraduate degree in civil engineering wishing to obtain specialized knowledge in construction engineering, project controls, and management. Students with other engineering backgrounds may have to take additional prerequisites which will be determined on a case-by-case basis at time of admission.
Programme Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, from an accredited institution
- Official college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (for international students)
- A competitive GRE or GMAT score*
*GRE/GMAT is not required for part-time students.
For International Students
We welcome international students at Stevens and offer many resources to simplify the process of obtaining your degree. While completing this program, you will be able to complete up to one year of Curricular Practical Training (CPT). Upon graduating, you will be eligible for Occupational Practical Training (OPT) with the STEM extension.
Stevens Prepares You for a Great Career
The construction engineering and management master's program develops in-demand knowledge and skills to put you on track for career success.
- Director Of Engineering
- Construction Manager
- Project Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Director Of Field Services
- Operations Manager
Top Hiring Organizations
- Pcl Construction
- Holt Construction