Locations: Barcelona - Madrid
Madrid: VS Barcelona: SD
Qualification: Master in Autism Spectrum Disorder issued by ISEP
The Master in Autistic Disorders provides knowledge and techniques in the following aspects: understanding of the disorders, knowledge of the early signs that lead to early detection, elements of action to reduce the anguish in the daily life of those affected, recognition of all aspects that involve the disease, and presentation of various therapeutic approaches.
The Master in Autism will use a methodology based on the resolution of practical cases, in which specific cases of children and adults with autism spectrum disorders will be presented. Based on these cases, evaluation and intervention processes will have to be developed.
Master's Programme in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Definition of autism spectrum disorders.
- Evaluation and diagnostic process.
- Principles of intervention in ASD and TEACCH Methodology.
- Early attention in ASD.
- Augmentative systems / Alternative communication in ASD.
- Positive behavioral support
- Teaching autonomy skills in people with ASD.
- Music therapy in ASD.
- Sensory integration program.
- Oral language in autism spectrum disorders.
- Teaching of social interaction skills in ASD.
- New technologies applied to people with ASD.
- Family. Experiences and orientations from parents and siblings.
- School and TEA.
- Highly functioning Asperger's syndrome / ASD.
- The adult with ASD.
- Sexuality and autism.
- Leisure and TEA.
Final work of master.
With this master's degree you get a double degree with the training itinerary that best suits your area of intervention. Consult with your pedagogical advisor.
Competences of the Master in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- You will understand the genetic, neurofunctional and cognitive mechanisms in autistic spectrum disorders and the application of instruments for early detection and diagnosis.
- You will analyse the improvement programs of communication and social interaction in TEA: SAAC, oral language, interaction programs and HHSS.
- You will describe the Positive Behavioral Support methodology and the teaching of autonomy and independent living skills.
- You will carry out the orientation of educators and family members about the different types of autism, its detection, its treatment, existing resources and aids, etc.
- You will independently develop action and intervention programs for this group in any vital context: school, clinic, health context, outpatient care, residence, leisure and free time context, support centers for families.
- You will work cooperatively with interdisciplinary groups.
Recipients of the Master in Autism Spectrum Disorder
The Master in Autism Spectrum Disorders is mainly aimed at graduates in Psychology, Pedagogy or Medicine, or graduates in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Teaching or Speech Therapy.
Work - Master in Autism Spectrum Disorder
She works in educational centers, associations, early intervention centers and psychoeducational intervention centers, health centers and stimulation centers.