Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
The master program Aeronautical Management provides an interdisciplinary insight into the aviation systems, i. e. airlines, maintenance facilities, and legislation authorities. Applicants have to be graduates of bachelor study programs in aviation systems.
The master program is designed to enhance your competence by the following modules:
- Air Transport Business Administration
- Risk Management in Airline Operation
- International Law and Airlaw
- Simulation of Logistic Aviation Systems
- Modeling and Simulation
- Management Systems
- Human Factors in Leadership
The program provides up to 15 places for applicants. Applications are welcome from worldwide. The program is especially open for pilots/engineers with an academic degree in aviation systems engineering and management or with an acceptable degree in related areas like aircraft engineering, maintenance, or air traffic administration plus a practical experience.
The program is offered to obtain competencies for careers in the international aviation industry. The master program will prepare candidates for positions in leadership within the airline industry, air transport, and governmental institutions.
Instructors will not only be university professors but also lecturers with practical airline business experience. Emphasis is laid on an interdisciplinary approach in teaching and learning, group work and seminars. The program is offered entirely in English.
Admission and Tuition Fee
The total tuition fee is 8,500 EURO *. Fees include tuition fees for all lectures and seminars, registration, examination and graduation fees, contribution to the student union, course materials (student manuals and handouts).
The fees do not include living expenses and health insurance. Regulation for payment:
- A non-refundable fee of 1,000 EURO at the acceptance of the applied enrolment.
- 3,750 Euro at the beginning of the first semester
- 3,750 Euro at the beginning of the second semester.
*plus ~ € 325 study fee per semester (includes free usage of public transportation in and around Bremen and Lower Saxony)
The master program addresses candidates graduated with a bachelor degree due to the following qualifications:
- Graduates of the International Degree Course in Aviation Systems Engineering and Management (ILST).
- Pilots with a related degree and practical experience.
- Graduates with an acceptable degree in related areas like aircraft engineering, maintenance, or air traffic administration plus a practical experience.
Fluency in English is required. Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency with the TOEFL exam (minimum of 220 points computer-based or 560 paper-based) or an equivalent test like the IELTS (at least 6,0). Please follow the link to the online application form.
International students can benefit from services offered by the International Student Assistance (ISA), a service for all students of the International Graduate Center, providing tutorial support, help with visa applications, regular social and cultural activities and gatherings, a pick-up service from the airport or train station plus an accommodation arrangement service. This service is free of charge and highly recommended for students from abroad
Program taught in: