Advanced Cosmetic Sciences (ACS) forms chemists that can operate in cosmetic companies in the design, production, analysis and certification of cosmetic products.
This Second Cycle Degree Programme trains professionals able to grasp the emerging challenges arising from the current international regulations and aimed at the production of more effective and intrinsically safer cosmetics with reference to their entire life cycle.
ACS has an interdisciplinary spirit, aimed at providing a theoretical and practical training on the scientific and technological aspects of cosmetic products. The programme is characterized by theoretical-practical courses related to the study of natural substances and of bioactive molecules used in cosmetics, to the chemistry and to the formulation of cosmetics, to the ingredients and formulations analysis. The anatomy, physiology and pathology of the skin will also be studied, together with the microbiological, functional and toxicological control of cosmetic products.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- Cosmetic Industry is an economically important and growing field of activity: ACS degree opens the door to this
- Cosmetic Industry requires candidates with dedicated multidisciplinary education based on chemistry but not limited to it
- Cosmetic science is wide world developed: you can be included in this highly innovative international environment
- ACS combines advanced scientific research topics and “real life” Chemistry
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology, part of this degree programme, are very important for cosmetic science
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/AdvancedCosmeticSciences/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check UNIMORE website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2018