As a graduate from this program, you will have a deep understanding of how financial and non-financial controls can be integrated and used for steering purposes in multinational companies, how large companies report to external share- and stakeholders and how those evaluate the financial and non-financial performance of companies.
Key topics include financial reporting principles, business control, capital budgeting, financial analysis and corporate valuation. In all these courses SSE will take an analytical and international perspective. For example, in the financial reporting core courses SSE does not teach Swedish GAAP but rather focus on the main concepts and principles that lie behind most international accounting standards such as IFRS. Consequently, the insights you get in the program remain valuable also when concrete financial standards change. SSE sees accounting as a language you need to understand in order to properly analyse and understand a business corporation.
As an exclusive program with a relatively low numbers of students, SSE can offer an intimate and creative learning environment. SSE's faculty (all active researchers) is engaged in the pedagogical development and intrigued by the learning journey of the students. The program is thoughtfully designed to encompass a variety of pedagogical methods such as lectures, group work, case teaching and a high degree of real-world examples. With close connections to the business community, SSE is also able to have frequent guest lectures by top management of multinational firms.
- Bachelor's degree (should contain at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration (including up to 30 ECTS in Economics), with a minimum of 20 ECTS in Accounting and Finance)
- GMAT or GRE test (GMAT score of 600 or more / GRE score (quantitative) of 155 or more)
- Proficiency in English, which must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- IELTS score (Academic) of 7 or more.
- TOEFL total score of 100 or more (internet based).
- English as native language
- Bachelor’s degree from a program conducted completely in English
- Qualifications “English B/6” from Swedish upper secondary school
- Motivation & supporting attachments (read more at www.hhs.se)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018