This one-year program targets motivated students with an undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, software engineering or a similar subject. The overall goal is for you to acquire deeper knowledge and more advanced skills in IT, specifically the ability to handle complex problems related to software development and IT-use, in a systematic and scientific way.
The programme contains the following courses:
- Research Methods in Social Science (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- Trends in Informatics (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- Business Intelligence (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- Business Process Modelling (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- Data Mining (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- System Development Philosophies (Advanced level, 7.5 credits)
- Thesis for Master’s (one year) Degree in Informatics (15 credits)
- Bachelor’s degree, 180 credits, in Informatics (or equivalent).
- Verified knowledge of English corresponding to the course English B/6 in the Swedish Upper Secondary School.
For further information about English language proficiency, please view:
A completed program leads to a Degree of Master of Science (60 credits) with a major in Informatics.
Teaching is normally in English. The course literature is in English. The training is mainly organized on campus, with elements of some courses that support flexible learning. The program provides national and international co-operation with relevant courses from other institutions for higher education after individual agreement/assessment on the student's request.
Program taught in: