Learn photography to build a story, to travel to your interior, to share with your fellow travelers an authentic adventure: tell stories sensitive to light.
Creativity is inherent in the human condition. In it lies the evolution that has undergone humanity since its inception and marks its future. There are different ways of defining creativity, but they all revolve around the generation of original and innovative ideas as a fundamental part of the creative process.
Creative process (Logbook)
An important tool in the creative process is the logbook. Making an analogy with the logbook, the photographer notes or sticks in a notebook, all those events, ideas, concepts, clippings, situations, etc. In short, everything that catches your attention and is the object of your interest. The logbook becomes a method within the creative process, which can serve the photographer to generate original ideas, on which will work.
You will also see other strategies and techniques, with which you want to give the photographer the way to get ideas that are valid in the process of photographic creation.
Creation of speech in photography
In photography photography is increasingly being established as author, one that defines a style of his own based on a story or speech that relates the photographer to his work. The author is identified by making use of a specific technique, or to portray a subject that becomes common in most of his works or by the composition or format he uses on a recurring basis.
Creation of the speech (Statement)
The main tool or means of communication available to the artist to address his audience, is the statement or artistic statement. Photographers use it when they present their portfolios to contests, galleries, museums or in their exhibitions and can also use it on their websites, social networks and, in general, to present their works.
Through this statement, the photographer expresses his creative intentions, stating that he believes, believes and believes. The elaboration of this document implies a deep reflection of the artist to discover himself and to be shown in the most open, clear, concise and consistent way that is possible to him. Through the statement, the artist connects his speech with his audience.
Personal branding (Communication plan - SEO)
In this subject, the student learns to identify and promote himself as a personal brand. It will carry out a specific plan of digital communication and marketing and will learn to follow strategies of positioning in the navigators.
History of contemporary photography
Study of the history of photography from the 1990s to the present day.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, the development of chemical processes has given way to digital development. The photographer and current artist, must thoroughly know the workflow in the digital environment, so that this will be one of the most important instrument that will use to develop his creativity and originality and he can help define his personal style.
- Review and deepening of layers, masks and selection forms.
- Correction of images, different systems of separation of frequencies, clonaciones, loop and corrector brush. Structure of the image.
- Correction of colour and light. Curves, Dodge and Burn (D & B), colour layers, hue and saturation, selective correction.
- Use of revealed plugins and doubles. Review and deepening in the development of Rawsa.
- Modification of forms, cloning, liquefying, deforming, correcting.
- Doubts and general review of all the techniques we have used.
Technique applied to photography
In order to be able to study the master of creative photography, the student must have very internalized photographic technique. However, it is necessary to deepen in certain aspects that, due to its complexity or specificity, the student has not had the opportunity to know or develop. Knowing how to combine artificial lighting with natural light so that they are balanced is just one example of what the creative photographer should know how to apply.
The 3D applied to the photography, is also an open field to the exploration of the digital creative that requires a concrete photographic technique, adapted to the medium to which it is destined.
- Study review, type of modifier, light measurement and contrast control.
- Exterior (off set). Work only with a light source and ambient light as secondary. Integrated and invisible light.
- Sophisticated light, portraits with more than 3 light sources, creating a feeling of artifice with light.
- Schemes of light, beauty and character, differences and characteristics.
- Use of TTLS, HSS, multishots, with new lighting technologies. Doubts and general review.
- 3D applied to the photograph.
- Interactivity between photography and audiovisual environments.
- Storytelling the mixed narrative photography + video (Storytelling is the art of telling a story, so that it creates emotions and establishes a union with a special meaning for the listener.)
Self-portrait is a very important technique for the discovery of oneself and for the analysis of the self-portraits of historically recognized photographers.
Through the study of light and the composition of photographs taken during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, we try to ascertain the photographic technique used by photographers, according to the parameters of the time and practices are carried out that mimic the technique used in the past .
- Image analysis
- Technical Deconstruction of an Image
- Defense of an image in public
Through detailed study of the way in which different artists have elaborated their works throughout history, we will choose the tools that allow us to discover what are the technical aspects of their works - compositional schemes, use of colour, light , Textures ... - and how to integrate them in our creations.
- German Expressionism
- Irving Penn, Avedon, Leibovitz
- Picasso, David Hockney
- Classicism and experimentation
This is a subject raised as a space of work, reflection and encounter. In it the students generate, share, discuss and rework their personal projects, with the collaboration, criticism and support, both of teachers and other colleagues. It is the space where the projects and the personality of the student must be modified and molded until materialized in a work that becomes innovative, emotional and personal.
- The personal character
- Private and public defence of photographic work
The diversity of techniques and specialties integrated in the field of photography, makes it necessary to complement the regular classroom classes, with workshops given by specialists that can show in a practical way, the working method that they use in their respective environments.
Final work of master
The project or final master's work (PFM), as a subject that forms part of the curricula, is an individual synthesis work, which is carried out in the final section of the studies, under the supervision of a tutor and that is Evaluated by a commission created for this purpose. The PFM should allow the student to show that he knows how to apply, in an integrated way, the different contents in the study of a theme of his academic field.
To access the Master in creative photography and obtain the degree, it is essential to have previous training in image and is accredited with a bachelor's degree, diploma or university degree in the field.
Those without university degree but with professional experience, can take the master's degree and obtain a certificate of attendance.
Profiles of unqualified persons who can access the master's degree:
- People who have taken the Diploma of Specialization in photographic technique taught by the ERAM / FUdG
- People who have completed higher-level training courses related to the image
- Professionals directly linked to photography
- Amateurs with demonstrable technical knowledge through portfolio
These people should conduct an interview with the director of the program, Diego Espada.
The price for a master's degree in creative photography is 3500 €. The University School ERAM and the University of Girona Foundation offer discounts for individuals and companies:
Discounts for individuals:
- Members of the entities AENTEG, GiDi and El Gallinero: 10% discount
- Student and ex student I WAS (minimum 40h): 20% discount
- Student and former student GAM or GAE: 40% discount
- Student and former student UdG: 10% discount
- Students and alumni of the FUdGIF, who have completed a Master, Postgraduate Diploma or Specialization Diploma: 10% discount
- People with disabilities:
- For disabled persons equal to or higher than 33%: 5% discount
- For disabled persons 65% or more: 10% discount
- In both cases it is necessary to present a certificate from the Catalan Institute of Assistance and Social Services ICASS, or equivalent.
- Large families (must present the certificate): 5% discount
- Persons unemployed (with a minimum of 6 months unemployed or who are currently receiving the unemployment benefit. The document must be presented): 5% discount
Discounts for companies:
- Companies that carry out or have carried out customized training with the FUdGIF: 10% discount
- Companies that enrol workers within the same course (the same academic year)
- Two or three registrations: 10% discount
- From four registrations: 15% discount
Hours and Dates
- Start : October 10, 2017
- End : June 30, 2018
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday from 18:30 to 21:30
Program taught in: