The graduate of this career will have a theoretical-methodological and practical training, with the ability to act as an agent of change, to contribute to the development of alternative strategies that improve production systems with environmental criteria.
The "Master's Degree in Agricultural Production in Semi-Arid Regions" will allow its graduates to:
- Deepen knowledge of the operation of production systems in semi-arid environments.
- Develop capacities to carry out scientific studies under the principles and foundations of sustainability, which contribute to expanding the knowledge of agricultural production in these scenarios.
- Provide tools to develop capacities related to the planning, monitoring and management of these production systems.
The objective of the Master's is that professionals acquire the ability to address the problem of semi-arid regions, with an interdisciplinary approach, from a critical and creative vision that allows them to develop scientific research and develop appropriate strategies to achieve sustainable productions.
- Deepen knowledge of the principles and processes that determine the functioning of production systems in semi-arid environments.
- Develop capacities to identify the emerging problems of these systems, raise relevant methodological aspects for their approach and design strategies for their resolution.
- Train in the use of knowledge and tools to apply technologies in the field of agricultural production.
- Understand and acquire principles and foundations for making strategic and operational decisions in the agricultural sector in general and in semi-arid regions in particular.
- Strengthen the skills for oral and written communication, both of the knowledge generated and those acquired to be projected towards the community in its different areas.
The Master's Degree is aimed at university graduates with a degree in the Agricultural and Biological Sciences, with careers lasting four years or more (Disp DNGU 01/10). Graduates must accredit a degree issued by National or Private Universities, accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Nation or accredited institutions abroad. The admission of applicants with any other degree will be analyzed by the Graduate Commission.Joao Marcelo Marques / Unsplash
Profile and Field of Action of the Graduate
The "Masters in Agricultural Production in Semi-arid Regions" of the Faculty of Agronomy of the UNLPam will allow graduates of careers related to the Agricultural and Biological Sciences to deepen their knowledge of the functioning of production systems in semiarid environments. Among the main purposes is to contribute to the training of professionals with capacities to develop scientific studies, under the principles and foundations of sustainability, which contribute to expand the knowledge of agricultural production in these new scenarios. In addition, it is intended to provide tools to develop capacities related to the planning, monitoring and management of these production systems.
For this, the curriculum includes a series of compulsory courses (Biostatistics, Experimental Design and Analysis of Variance, Regression Analysis, Epistemology, Environmental Management of Agricultural Production and Scientific Writing), which will provide basic and methodological tools. to address and solve emerging problem situations in these systems.
On the other hand, the elective courses will allow to deepen in a field of disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge, through the contribution of updated theoretical and practical knowledge.
In addition, graduate students should develop complementary activities such as seminars and activities that encourage discussion and teamwork.
The competences to be achieved by the students in the framework of the development of the present master's program are:
- Identify and define productive and socially relevant problems.
- Propose, develop and manage research projects to solve regional problems.
- Analyze and project technological alternatives for production systems, particularly in semi-arid environments, that contemplate socioeconomic and environmental aspects.
- Develop basic knowledge related to the subject.
Modality of Cursed
The master's degree is in the face-to-face mode. In general, the courses are intensive dictation.
The Plan of Studies is semi-structured, with compulsory courses and of elective character that will be articulated with the theme of the thesis. In addition, it includes complementary activities that encourage discussion and teamwork.
The compulsory courses are: Biostatistics, Experimental Design and Analysis of Variance, Regression Analysis, Epistemology, Environmental Management of Agricultural Production, Scientific Writing and Thesis Workshop.
Duration of the Master: 30 months.
Requirements for pre-registration of applicants for the Master
- Complete a pre-registration form or submit a note requesting registration, addressed to the Director of the Graduate School, Dr. Carlos María Ferri.
- One (1) photo type license, 3x4, blue-sky background, 3/4 right profile.
- Legalized photocopy * of DNI (1st and 2nd sheet) and last registered address.
- Legalized photocopy * of the Bachelor's Degree (if it does not correspond to the areas of Agronomic Cs or Natural Resources, they must level their knowledge) and Diploma of the degree program.
- Curriculum Vitae updated as an affidavit.
- Probatory certification of adequate knowledge of Spanish, in the case of non-Spanish speakers.
* The application for registration can be submitted at any time of the year. All photocopies must be legalized before a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Federal or Provincial Police of all national jurisdictions.
About the School
La Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, con sede principal en la ciudad de Santa Rosa, provincia de La Pampa, es una entidad de derecho público, autónoma y autárquica, que tiene como fines interpretar la ... Read More