SNEAM/ANWM - Advanced Nuclear Waste Management specializes in nuclear waste management. It develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge, has a particular focus on the backend of the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear waste management, long-term safety, and environmental impact assessment and provides strong insights on dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
The master forms engineers exposed to a highly complex scientific environment where technical expertise is omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management. The program provides:
- The scientific knowledge, necessary for nuclear waste management and the capability to understand how to assess long-term safety and environment impacts.
- The competencies to master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of nuclear waste.
- The appropriate solutions according to the type of waste through project work in the industry.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies to master dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- Societal considerations in the management of nuclear waste with regard to the public acceptance.
The Master of Science starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1: 2 academic semesters in Nantes campus
- MSc year 2: 1 academic semester for specialization in Nantes campus + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
Scientific and technical modules:
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to Nuclear modelling
- Introduction to Neutron physics
- Safety and Radioprotection
- Physico-Chemistry of Environment
- Introduction to Nuclear Technology
- Wastes conditioning and storage
- Dismantlement and Decommissioning of Nuclear Installations
- Geological disposal
- Nuclear: Management, Safety, and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Company visits, scientific seminars, technical projects, generic methods for engineers, French language & culture
Professional coaching (a Student-centered process of reflection on competencies and professional objectives)
- 6-month MSc thesis in Industry or research lab
- Project engineer related to nuclear energy, decommissioning, nuclear waste processing, conditioning, safe storage.
- Manager of nuclear waste in industrial, hospitals or research institutions.
- Research scientist and development engineer.
- Safety engineer for radioactive waste management solutions.
- Regulators for governmental control of waste management practices.
- Engineer of international agencies involved in nuclear waste issues
A committee consisting of professors is charged with selecting the applicants, based on the following criteria:
- Motivation letter
- Applicant's previous scientific background and grades
- English level
- Working or training experience
- Description of the professional plans after the SNEAM program
- Reference letters
Please upload the required documents for SNEAM application on the dedicated online platform: https://sneam.imt-atlantique.fr
Participation cost: 12000 €/year
Special rates for:
- European students from the Erasmus zone (6000 €/year)
- EU Graduate students from our partner universities(3000 €/year)
- EU students met at Education fairs (5400 €/year)
- Excellent EU applications or recommended EU applications(2600 €/year)
- Non-EU students graduated from our partner universities (6500 €/year)
- Non-EU students met at Education fairs (9600 €/year)
- Non-EU Excellent applications or recommended applications (6000 to 9000 €/year)
- Double-Degree students
- Possible Industrial sponsorship.
About the School
IMT Atlantique is one of the best Graduate Engineering Schools in France. This institute of higher education and research was created through the merger of Telecom Bretagne and École des Mines Nantes ... Read More