You will achieve skills needed for higher level management in the feed milling industry and related industries. This master study is also an excellent background for further scientific research in feed technology.
What can you use this qualification for?
The study gives you unique knowledge about nutrition and processing technology. The competence is strongly needed in the feed industry. Your expert knowledge of animal feed production gives you many career opportunities.
What will you learn?
The curriculum consists of a combination of nutritional, technological, chemical and physics topics, which combined will represent a unique approach to this topic. You will become familiar with state-of-the-art feed processing equipment. You will learn about formulations and processing of aquafeeds, pet foods and feeds for traditional production animals.
You will get hands-on experience with the various types of equipment and production lines by fully integrating the possibilities offered by the Centre for Feed Technology in the programme.
Teaching and training are partly based on lectures, but a considerable part is offered as demonstrations and training in groups. The courses are mainly taught by teachers from NMBU but external experts from the feed industry and international companies and institutions will also be called in when appropriate.
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Can operate different technological units in industrial raw material and feed processing.
- Know how to interpret and use new results from research to develop new feed production concepts.
- Have experience with processes both for design and optimizing feed production units, as well as planning and conducting experiments in feed technology.
- Practical understanding of both feed ingredients and feed processing.
- Practical experience from all types of processing commonly used in industrial production of feed.
- Experience in the selection of ingredients and processing optimized for different animals, such as production animals, fish and companion animals.
- High competence within technologies used in modern feed production.
- High research-based competence within the interaction between processing and nutritional value of feed, both for production animals, fish and companion animals.
- Competence in quality assurance and management of economy and personnel.
Program taught in:
See 13 more programs offered by Norwegian University of Life Sciences NMBU »
Last updated November 15, 2018
This course is
no tuition fees. However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Programme Type & Duration