The MScBM Programme is a career-oriented generalist Master’s programme for fresh graduates/graduates with relatively little post-graduation working experience. We prepare students for their future careers by serving as the gateway to the global corporate world.
As a programme blending international elements of corporate strategies, MScBM aims at equipping students with the best practices among corporates of both the East and the West. Students will learn to excel in their career with a global and ethical mindset, bearing the importance of corporate sustainability and social responsibility.
We are providing a broad and comprehensive curriculum of modern business, with an emphasis on the integration of multiple dimensions of international business. The required course “Business Field Study” in an overseas country will sure enhance the global perspectives and experiential learning experience of students.
Through the client-based “MScBM Capstone Business Project”, students will also develop a thorough understanding of the environment, markets, technology and operations of a real organisation. Furthermore, students can also apply and integrate the business knowledge acquired through the MScBM curriculum to further develop their professionalism, skills and team spirit, in addition to our innovative Executive Development Series, including seminars, corporate visits, managerial skills workshops and career development training.
- Global Top 100 MiM Programme: The School of Business was named as one of the top 25 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region while our MScBM was ranked in the world’s top 100 Master in Management (MiM) programmes by The Financial Times in both 2018 and 2019. The programme is among the top 20 globally when it comes to the career progress of alumni and their average salary increase in the first three years after graduation.
- Triple Accreditation: HKBU School of Business is amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accreditation bodies focused on business education. These accreditations help the School benchmark itself against an array of stringent norms shared by business schools around the world, and reflect our commitment to excellence.
Holistic Curriculum in Business
The MScBM Programme's holistic curriculum helps young business executives and fresh graduates develop the mix of skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a business world powered by the digital economy, innovations, big data, entrepreneurship and creativity, while giving them a solid foundation in fundamental business disciplines.
Multi-modal and Global Learning
Combining rigorous academics with a rich array of transformational activities such as field studies, study tours and international exchanges, the programme immerses students in a dynamic, multifaceted and cross-cultural educational experience tailored to the changing business world.
Diversified Ambience On Campus
The programme faculty and students, originating from a mix of countries, cultures, academic and professional backgrounds, are vital contributors to our rich and diverse communities and perspectives.
MScBM Scholarships and Awards Scheme
An array of MScBM scholarships and awards scheme is set up to reward outstanding students, including International Postgraduate Scholarship, MScBM Diversity Contribution Scholarship, MScBM Entrance Award and Graduation Academic Awards.
Executive Development Series
- The Executive Development Series supplements the curriculum with a programme of activities designed to help students get a better understanding of the wide range of practical skills needed to succeed in business.
- Seminars and company visits enables students to network with business leaders and gain insights on current business issues, while skill workshops equip them with critical skills in leadership, communication and professionalism. The Career Development Series features career-focused workshops that prepare graduates for the job market.
International Exchange Programme
- The International Exchange Programme gives students the opportunity to step out of their comfort zone and prepare them to thrive in today’s globalized business world.
- Immersed in a different culture with one of the numerous exchange partners, students can experience the rewards and challenges that come from living and working in a foreign environment.
Students will develop knowledge in major functional areas of modern business, with emphasis on the integration of the multiple dimensions of international business.
Students will develop knowledge of organisations, their management, and the global environment in which they operate.
Students will develop ability to apply the knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues of modern days, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practices.
Students will acquire knowledge of business ethics, CSR and corporate sustainability issues, especially in organziations operating in the global context.
Students can complete whole programme full-time in a year.
However, students can choose to extend the normal study period by a summer or semester by participating in the International Exchange Programmes recognised by the School.
The MScBM Programme consists of 11 courses (equivalent to 33 units) : 6 core courses, 2 required courses and 3 elective courses.
Under special circumstances, students may take a maximum of 3 courses from the School's specialised Master's Degree programmes to replace the 3 elective courses.
Click here for more details on the programme structure.
Medium of Instruction
English is the official medium of instruction. Some China business related courses may be taught in English and supplemented by Chinese.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or comparable institution; or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent;
- English proficiency*;
- A satisfactory performance in the admissions interview**; and
- GMAT is not required but highly encouraged.
Applicants should submit a personal statement of not more than 500 words on their motivation to study the programme, as part of the application materials.
* Since English is the medium of instruction, applicants should possess a good command of English, both written and spoken. If English was not the medium of instruction for the first degree, applicants are required to provide evidence of English proficiency, eg. English standard with a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based) or IELTS overall band score of 6.5 or qualifications deemed to be equivalent.
** The Admissions Panel will assess the motivation, maturity, communication skills, language proficiency and suitability of the applicants for the programme at the interview. The interview will be group-based and interactive. A programme-administered written test on English proficiency will be conducted prior to the interview.
Scholarships and Financial Aids
International Postgraduate Scholarship
- All eligible international applicants are automatically considered for our International Postgraduate Scholarship, which is offered to outstanding international students based on their all-round record and interview performance. Recipients will receive a full tuition waiver and a living allowance of HK$100,000 (approx. US$12,820). Click here to learn more about the International Postgraduate Scholarship.
MScBM Diversity Contribution Scholarship
- This scholarship is attributed to new entrants who can enhance the diversity of the programme based on criteria like their international exposure, cultural experiences, overseas education, work experience, special achievement and talents. The scholarship amount ranges from HK$50,000 to full tuition waiver.
MScBM Entrance Award
- The MScBM Entrance Award offers financial support of up to HK$40,000 to new entrants with distinguishing qualifications.
Graduation Academic Awards
The Graduation Academic Awards reward students for their academic achievements in their MScBM.
- Distinction Award: MScBM students who have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.67 to 4.0 at graduation (subject to the same conditions applied to the Distinction academic standing) will be granted a Distinction Award worth HK$10,000.
- Merit Award: MScBM students who have attained cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.66 at graduation (subject to the same conditions applied to the Merit academic standings) will receive a certificate as recognition of their achievements.
Continued Education Fund (CEF)
- The MScBM programme has been included in the reimbursable course list of CEF. Eligible applicants may submit unlimited number of claims for reimbursement of fees up to a maximum sum of HK$20,000 within one year upon successful completion of CEF reimbursable courses and before reaching the age of 71. The co-payment ratios by learners (i.e. the percentage of fees to be borne by learners) for the first HK$10,000 subsidy is 20% of the course fee and that for the second HK$10,000 subsidy is 40% of the course fee.
- For applicants who have opened a CEF account before 1 April 2019, they are also eligible for claiming the additional HK$10,000 subsidy and the unused balance (if any) of the original subsidy of HK$10,000 regardless of whether their accounts were closed in the past. The co-payment ratios are same as above.
Non-means Tested Loan
- Local students are eligible to apply for the Non-means Tested Loan Scheme provided by the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency of HKSAR.
About the School
For more than half a century, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has been at the vanguard of business education in Asia, molding generations of business leaders. Steeped in a tradition of academic ex ... Read More