The MSc in "Biobanks and Complex Data Management" opens immediate career opportunities in a variety of sectors such as human health, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industrial laboratories, and agricultural industry.
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- FI (initial training)/FC (executive training)/FP (continued training)
- Duration: 2 years
- Location: Nice Campus Pasteur/Sophia Antipolis
- Language: English
A Biobank is a biological materials repository that collects, processes, stores, and distributes biospecimens to support a scientific investigation. The main objective of this MSc is to acquire knowledge, experience, and practical skills that will qualify graduates to work in the multidisciplinary field of biobanking (humans, animals, plants, and other living organisms) and complex data management.
On completion of the MSc program, students will be able to:
- Become biobank managers at an international level;
- Assure and enhance the quality of biological samples;
- Offer advice for marketing and biobank sustainability;
- Address the ethical, legal, and societal aspects of biobanking;
- Assure management of complex data associated with biological samples.
Programme and content
First MSc degree in Europe on Biobanking and Complex Data Management.
Offered at a State University (Université Côte d'Azur; http://univ-cotedazur.fr/english) and developed by leading experts in the field.
Dedicated for Biological Sciences students looking to gain professional skills to deliver an evolving biobank service that meets regulatory and user requirements.
International exchanges among a wide network of academic and industry partners.
Two in-company internships of 6 months during the 2 years of training (France or abroad).
Tuition fees: 4000€ per year - The tuition fee may vary according to your residence status, namely if you are a resident of an EU country or of a country outside the EU. In addition, financial aid (need-based or merit-based scholarships) will be available to students, and other sources of funding will also be available through each training course.
The program is open to exceptional bachelor degree graduates in the field of Life Sciences.
We welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities. French language proficiency is not an admission criterion.
Our students will respect the following conditions:
- The students must be fluent English speakers (a Language Certificate may be required).
- Able to commit at least 6 months internship abroad (M1, M2 or both).
- Full-time courses (FR: présence obligatoire).
For students from French and non-French institutions ('international admissions') the selection is a 2 phase process.
- Biobank Manager/Administrator
- Biobank Quality Manager
- Data Manager
- Scientific Adviser to public and private sector clients
- Product Manager
- Regulatory Specialist
- Technological Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
- Logistics Manager/Administrator
- Logistics Analyst
Program taught in: