Want to understand how to address humankind’s most pressing issues - big challenges arising from climate change, technological innovation, economic and political crises - from the perspective of governance? The MSc in Public Administration is for you!
What does this master programme entail?
The Master's programme in Public Administration builds on topical research in public sector management, public policy, domestic and international and European governance. The programme provides students with in-depth understanding of the functioning of administrations in Europe, at the national level, in comparison with other European countries and in the multi level context of the European Union. The master's in Public Administration gives you a unique multi-level perspective on managing policy challenges in their complex societal setting where multiple actors, interests and policy areas intertwine. The three specialisations focus on an organisational, international, and economic apporach, respectively.
Three reasons to choose Public Administration at Leiden University
- The Leiden MPA takes a distinctive approach: governance is examined from a multi-level perspective with the object of effectively developing governance solutions to societal challenges. Taught in The Hague, a hub of international governance organisations.
- 3 unique specialisations: Economics & Governance, International & European Governance, and Public Management.
- Strong academic orientation; faculty is drawn from Leiden’s Institute of Public Management with guest lecturers from the field.
Public Administration: the right programme for you?
- Are you fascinated in watching the whole context of dilemmas and challenges experienced by governments and societies worldwide?
- Do you want to address these issues from the perspective of governance?
- Do you have an affinity with a specific area of governance, as addressed by the specialisations in this programme – like economics and governance, international governance, or public management?
- Do you want to contribute to research and practice in this crucial area?
Then this programme is for you!
Admission and Application
A brand new campus in the centre of The Hague.
Study in the Hague, a hub of international governance organisations
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2018