MSc Project Management (Construction)
This project management course is designed to equip students with the skills needed to pursue a managerial career in the fast-moving construction industry. The MSc course is professionally accredited by the RICS and ICES and has excellent industry links.
This course is specifically designed to enhance the vocational and intellectual knowledge and skills of mid-career professionals, or recent graduates who wish to further their careers in the field of construction project management.
You will benefit from:
- accreditation from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) (MSc route only)
- improved career development and progression
- flexible study options – full-time through to distance learning and Continuing Professional Development.
Part-time study options have been structured to enable successful study while students are fully employed.
What you'll study
The course will provide:
- a detailed understanding of project briefing, key design and development issues, and the skills to create appropriate procurement strategies
- a comprehensive knowledge of the organisational structures necessary to achieve successful project outcomes, including legal and contractual constraints and people-management skills.
How you’re taught
The course can be studied in any of the following ways:
- one year full-time (generally consolidated into two days per week)
- part-time (one day a week, two years)
The flexible, distance learning option is a combination of optional intensive teaching blocks (weekend schools) and directed independent study.
The part-time study option has been structured to enable successful study while students are fully employed.
The course is delivered by NTU tutors, invited practitioners and industry experts. Teaching and learning methods include lectures, workshops, interactive seminars, and projects.
The Postgraduate Dissertation module places an emphasis on autonomous and independent learning. This module is instrumental in enabling students to embed and integrate knowledge, understanding and skills in a professional context, and to develop, improve and demonstrate their abilities to undertake high-quality research and critical analysis and reflection.
We understand the importance of keeping up-to-date with industry progress so we organise regular visits to construction sites and national exhibitions.
You will be assessed on the learning outcomes of each module. There are a variety of assessment methods including:
- examinations, assignments (including essays, case studies, portfolios and presentations)
- group projects
- a dissertation.
Careers and employability
Graduates from this course have excellent employment opportunities. Previous graduates have expanded on existing roles to incorporate project management in a wider range of activities, and are successfully pursuing careers at senior management level on a variety of prestigious projects around the world.
Several graduates have decided to continue their academic study and have progressed to PhD research programmes.
Although this course does not offer formal placements, it is vocationally focused and benefits from strong links with industry.
What are we looking for?
- 2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and/or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our international qualifications page.
English language entry requirements
If English is not the first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements please visit our pre-sessional English course page.
If you need to do a Pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please visit Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our pre-masters courses page.
Location: City site
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2018