MSc Information Technology Management
This course will enable you to apply real-world business and management knowledge to Information Technology issues and challenges, preparing you for a career in the IT industry.
- Combine practical IT training with applied business management theory
- Learn to develop, design and manage IT systems and technologies
- Understand and explore the potential applications of new and emerging technologies
- Apply your skills and knowledge to real-world commercial scenarios
- Develop academic and professional skills that will equip you for the global business industry
- Graduate as a competent, capable and employable IT and business management specialist
The MSc Information Technology Management will enable you to get ahead in this ever-changing and expanding field. Our expert tutors help you to explore technology and its potential applications, using our cutting-edge facilities.
The combination of practical and theoretical study will equip you with advanced knowledge and a solid grounding for your future career. You'll explore how IT contributes to a company’s competitive advantage, enabling them to innovate and grow.
This course is not about pure computer science or business theory. Each module focuses on how the learning can be applied in real-world situations, enhancing your work-readiness. You'll graduate armed with the skills and knowledge you need to launch or further develop a successful career in the IT industry.
Modules may include:
- Professional modules -
- Industrial Expertise (includes a work-based project)
- Study Skills and Project management
- Research Skills and Dissertation
- Technical modules -
- Introduction to databases and Big Data
- Introduction to Programming and Web Development
- Management/business modules
- Enterprise management Project
- Successful Information Systems
A good honours degree which includes significant aspects of IT, typically 2.2 or above in any discipline from a UK university or equivalent from an overseas university. We also consider applicants who do not meet these academic criteria but have several years' work experience in IT and management or supervisory roles and a keen interest in computing.
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent).
Employers value individuals who have a solid understanding of IT and its potential applications. This course combines business and IT modules to give you an in-depth knowledge of the latest technologies and how organizations can use them to develop and grow. It is aimed at students who want to develop their business and IT knowledge and forges a career in the fast-moving IT industry. You'll gain an understanding of new and emerging technologies and how these can be applied in real-world, commercial scenarios. You'll graduate with a hybrid skill set and the expertise required for a range of technology-focused careers, including:
- Project Manager
- IT Manager
- System Designer
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Management Consultant
- Digital Marketing Specialist
On this course, you work with modern IT equipment, labs, and software.
Duration and fees
- Start date: September
- Duration: One year
- EU students 2019/20 academic year £7,200 for the course
- International students 2018/19 academic year £13,500 for the course
- Deadline: Request info
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 16, 2019