A new Double Degree program in Urban Mobility which will not only give you the education urgently needed by industry and cities, but also a valuable network and a truly international experience.
- The program integrates leading technological knowledge with training and practice in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- You study the first year in one partner university and the second in another, awarding you with a double degree as well as an EIT Label Certificate.
- Included in the curriculum is a unique summer school addressing critical real-life challenges while visiting two European cities.
- Also, internships at companies and cities across Europe are part of the curriculum.
Why study Future Mobility Markets and Services?
The Future Mobility Markets and Services program prepares graduates to create and improve new mobility models, logistics strategies and business and digital transformation, with close interaction with relevant stakeholders. Mobility as a Service, Vehicle Sharing, Internet of Things, Micro-mobility and other new emerging developments are disrupting the mobility ecosystem and new markets and services are envisioned. The program takes a holistic approach to the study, design, development, and evaluation of Urban Mobility Markets and Services and integrates innovation techniques with entrepreneurial skills so that young graduates have the tools they need to implement new ideas. The program is aimed to educate World-wide leaders in the Urban Mobility Sector.
How is the program structured?
All programs at the EIT Urban Mobility Master School follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year each at two different universities–the “entry” university and the “exit” university. All options are located at a leading university in Europe in the field of urban mobility.
- Graduating students will be awarded two master’s degrees, one from each of those universities. Moreover, the program is designed so that students may attain the qualifications for a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.*
- During the first-year studies, students will be given an introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship and participate in an extended Challenge Project. During the same year, students will acquire essential technical skills for working with urban mobility challenges.
- Between the first and second year, students will participate in a Summer School applying new skills to two different cities located in Europe.
- In the second year, students will choose from several more specialized courses in both technical content and innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will also participate in a shorter challenge project that includes an internship at a company or organisation working to meet urban mobility challenges.
- Finally, also in the second year, students will carry out their own master thesis work, combining and demonstrating their full set of technical and entrepreneurial skills.
*Subject to upcoming EIT approval process.
Where can I study Future Mobility Markets and Services?
In Autumn 2020, students will spend their first year studying at UPC Barcelona Tech and their second year at BME Budapest University of Technology and Economics. Over time, additional universities will be added.
What are the career opportunities?
Career opportunities for graduates of the Future Mobility Markets and Services Master program are found in both the public and private sectors, across Europe and Worldwide, and encourages graduates to get involved in innovation strategies and business creation. The skills learned in this program are highly demanded in a broad sense in the fields of, among others, logistics, transport managers, mobility authorities and the automotive sector.
During the master's program experience, students will learn through challenge-driven courses and work with local stakeholders, as well as with a larger group of city and industry partners across different parts of Europe, to address real innovation challenges in urban mobility today and in the future.
Who can apply?
To qualify for admission you should have a Bachelor of Science or be in your last year of studies of:
- Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Geoinformation Technology.
- In addition, the Future Mobility Markets and Services program also welcomes applicants with a BSc in Urban Planning, Geography, or Economics, provided they have a proven track record in programming, calculus, linear algebra, and mathematical statistics.
If you have a bachelor’s degree that differs from our recommended degrees, you are still welcome to apply by explaining how your academic and professional background suits the specific program you are interested in.
How can I apply?
The application process is divided into two periods:
- 12 December 2019 – 3 February 2020
- 17 February 2020 – 17 April 2020
Please note that application period two is not recommended for applicants who require an EU study visa due to time constraints.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition fees for the EIT Urban Mobility master programs are 4,000 EUR per year for EU/EEA citizens and 16,000 EUR per year for non-EU citizens.
EIT Urban Mobility offers generous scholarships to attract top talents worldwide. Our scholarships are merit-based and cover your study duration of two years. They include partial tuition fee waivers and monthly allowances.
About the School
Our double degree programmes combine excellent technical education with training in innovation and entrepreneurship as well as internships at companies, industry partners and cities across Europe.