This Masters degree provides an inclusive, current and versatile curriculum of study which reflects the needs of the football industry for postgraduate students either full or part time. The course looks to support the continuing professional development of football coaches and those working in football or a closely related field.
Students will utilise their advanced knowledge and understanding of football coaching to help them deal with complex issues systematically and creatively, problems, and communicate their conclusions clearly.
- UCFB Etihad Campus
- Duration: 1 year FT / 2 years PT
- On-campus Delivery: September
- Fee September 2020: UK and EU students – £9,950; International students – £14,950
Our MSc Football Coaching & Analysis modules have been developed in order to give you the best preparation for a leadership career in the football industry.
- The Football Coaching Process
- Coaching: From Philosophy to Practice
- Applied Football Match Analysis
- Football Consultancy Project
- Football Statistics & Data Analysis
- Football Consultancy Project
- Analysis of Football Coaching Practice
- Dissertation and Research Methods
Applicants will normally have a 2:1 classification in a sport related degree. Applicants who hold a sport-related degree classification of 2:2 or below or, a non-sport related degree, or significant professional experience will be considered on a case by case basis and may be required to submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate sports coaching and/or sports management experience.
All applicants will be interviewed. Recognition of Prior Learning Students with relevant previous study at postgraduate level or with extensive experience may be considered eligible for recognition of prior learning.
Admissions procedures prospective students may contact the course leader for further information about the course and guidance as to their suitability for the course. Online and postal applications are accepted, upon which, candidates demonstrating a suitable academic and experiential profile will be invited for interview.
Some candidates may be required to provide a coaching or management portfolio and/or complete a brief assignment in a relevant subject area to demonstrate suitable level of academic writing.
Applicants from non-majority English speaking countries will be asked for an English qualification which tests Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing and will be asked to achieve an overall IELTS score of 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in each section) or recognised equivalent.
The course would be ideal for students graduating from BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management and BA (Hons) Sports Business & Coaching.
Relevant documents for EU, UK and international applications:
- Completed and signed application form;
- Personal statement;
- Copy of transcripts of highest qualification achieved and
- English translations (if applicable);
- One academic and one professional reference and English translation (if applicable);
- Copy of proof of English language level e.g. IELTS (if applicable).
UCFB cannot currently sponsor non-EU students’ visas.
You will not need a visa to study in the UK if:
- You are a British citizen
- You are a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) member state or Switzerland
- You have a visa to stay in the UK for another purpose that allows you to study
If you are still unsure whether you would need a visa to study in the UK, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also study one of our Online postgraduate degrees.
- Strong knowledge in the field of sports coaching or sports management suitable for Masters level academic work
- Evidence of engagement with professional and academic literature/publications relevant to CPD
- Ability to manage self-learning and professional duties where applicable
- Hold FA Level 2 Coaching Certificate
- Evidence of ability to manage work independently
- Proven track record of dealing with complex and multidisciplinary issues relevant to their chosen subject area
How to apply
To apply for this programme please complete the application form, then return the completed form and relevant documents as instructed to email@example.com.
Career prospects include highly sought-after careers within a professional and semi-professional football team such as a coaching, match and performance analyst or operations manager at multidisciplinary teams.
About the School
A World First in Higher Education, UCFB offers university degrees in the football business and wider sport and leisure industries.