A multidisciplinary study experience on smart city innovations and business solutions triggered by the transition towards sustainable urban environments.
- Degree: Diplome Universitaire
- Duration: 1 year
- FI (initial training)/FC (executive training)/FP (continued training)
- Location: Nice/IMREDD
- Language: English
The program fosters talents in developing and implementing innovative smart city projects. Experts from academia and industry propose an innovative learning experience equipping participants with the right competencies to thrive in a fast-evolving employment landscape.
The program is tailored also to suit government and corporate professionals seeking career development.
1. Programme Aim:
The aim of the program is to explore the interdependence of urban systems and how they contribute to improving citizens' quality of life. The program offers a multidisciplinary study experience focused on smart city innovations and business solutions triggered by today's challenges faced by cities and territories:
- the urban revolution (by 2050 70% of the world population will live in cities),
- the digital revolution (the diffusion of ICT in all sectors),
- the climate, energy, economic and social issues imposing a new transition.
2. Learning Outcomes:
- interpret and characterize major urban systems, their development, and their interconnection;
- examine the challenges of urban development in relevant case studies;
- analyse and critique the urban environment from theoretical and technical perspectives;
- develop a system perspective in the form of an integrated approach to the solution of complex urban issues;
- evaluate the impact of solutions to specific urban issues in relation to wider interconnected systems;
- assess urban project development proposals and ideas;
- analyse strategic and management issues triggered by the deployment of innovations for digital and sustainable cities.
Programme and content
The study program offers a diverse array of smart city subjects and courses tailored to suit industry, professional organizations and government officials seeking personal enrichment as well as professional development within a dynamic and supportive environment that also promotes valuable professional networks. A continuing education program is an opportunity for employers to develop and motivate their workforce and for individuals to enhance their careers. Academic and industry tutors are experts in the fields of mobility, energy, governance, business and management, urban design, urban resilience, telecommunications, digital transformation, sustainable development, social participation and engagement, and a many more subjects.
- Different study options are offered:
- Postgraduate Degree: University degree program at the master's level (1 year full-time or 2 years part-time);
- Specialist Certificate: one or more modules out of those taught for the Postgraduate Degree;
- Professional Certificate: bespoke courses designed and adapted for a defined group.
The study program is suitable for graduates and experienced practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds with a common interest in smart cities and innovation.
Current participants have diverse academic and professional backgrounds such as engineering, architecture, business administration, and environmental sciences.
Applications are reviewed holistically, focusing on applicants’ academic excellence and personal commitment.
Basic entry requirements include:
- Qualification equivalent to a 4-year higher education degree in an appropriate subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification; standard, or appropriate professional experience;
- English language proficiency equivalent to CEFR B2 level;
- French language proficiency equivalent to CEFR B2 level (preferred).
The European job market related to the management and planning of smart cities has an urgent requirement for executives capable of designing and implementing policies for the integrated management of smart cities and innovative projects. The skills acquired will enable students to work in private and public entities and deploy projects on smart city products and services.
Program taught in: