On this course, management is brought to life as a vibrant and important area of business expertise in modern organisations.
Our teaching is practically focused and grounded in the latest ideas and principles in management science. We work with prominent organisations and industry to ensure that teaching remains relevant to employers.
The course is flexible and provides you with the scope to tailor it to your needs and career interests, developing any relevant experience that you already have in business and management. It provides a theoretically-grounded coverage of key conceptual and practical developments across a wide range of business and management disciplines. It seeks to develop your business acumen and management skills, which are sought after by employers.
You will cover such areas as corporate financial strategy, managerial economics and managing people and organisations along with behavioural and human resource aspects of management. This course is designed to nurture the development of key skills in business and management through small group projects and a research-led dissertation.
Academic English preparation and support
If you require additional support to take your language skills to the required level, you may be able to attend a presessional course at the Centre for English Language Education, which is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK. Students who successfully complete the presessional course to the required level can progress to postgraduate study without retaking IELTS or equivalent.
Specialist business and management courses are available and you could be eligible for a joint offer, which means you will only need to apply for your visa once. Students who enter via the CELE route are exempt from paying the school's £2,000 course deposit.
- Part of an elite group of EQUIS and AMBA accredited business schools
- 6th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework, with teaching informed by the latest developments
- An inspiring research portfolio worth £799m
- 91.1% of MSc graduates from Nottingham University Business School secured work, self-employment or further study within six months of graduation
- More than 19,000 Business School alumni connect you to a powerful global network of business contacts
Across the autumn and spring semesters, you will take 120 credits of taught modules. Each module typically consists of 10 two to three hour sessions.
You will complete a 60-credit dissertation over the summer, and will be allocated an appropriate dissertation supervisor who will oversee your progress.
You will be assessed through a combination of individual assignments or group projects and written exams.
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Managing People and Organisations
- Managerial Economics
- Research Methods for Management Studies
- Behavioural Economics and Decision Making
- Business to Business Marketing
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Strategy
- Human Resource Management
- International Finance
- Launching an Entrepreneurial Business
- Operations and Supply Chain Strategy and Practice
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
The modules we offer are inspired by the research interests of our staff and as a result may change for reasons of, for example, research developments or legislation changes. This list is an example of typical modules we offer, not a definitive list.
- finance and investment analysts
- higher education teaching professionals
- investment bankers
- IT business analysts
- management consultants
- marketing professionals
- public relations professionals
- university researchers
Postgraduate careers team
Our in-house Postgraduate Careers Team provides expert advice and guidance so that you can make an informed decision about the right career path for you.
As soon as you have accepted your offer of a place at the Business School, we can begin working with you to support your career planning needs. You can take part in pre-course careers discussions and take advantage of remote and online support through Career Leader, an online assessment tool which helps you to measure your business interests and motivations before starting your course. Our support continues throughout your time at Nottingham and after you graduate.
Employability and average starting salary
91.1% of postgraduates from Nottingham University Business School who were available for employment secured work or further study within six months of graduation. £25,000 was the average starting salary, with the highest being £57,200.*
* Known destinations of full-time home postgraduates 2016/17. Salaries are calculated based on the median of those in full-time paid employment within the UK.
Career and professional development
Whether you are looking to enhance your career prospects or develop your knowledge, a postgraduate degree from the University of Nottingham can help take you where you want to be.
Our award-winning Careers and Employability Service offers specialist support and guidance while you study and for life after you graduate. They will help you explore and plan your next career move, through regular events, employer-led skills sessions, placement opportunities and one-to-one discussions.
2.1 (or international equivalent) in business studies, economics or management
English language requirements
IELTS:6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 9, 2018