Our Master of Management in the field of Strategic Marketing is for postgraduate students who want to convert their undergraduate degree into a highly valuable WBS MM degree and break into a career in marketing, as well as for practicing marketers who want to advance their careers armed with the knowledge they need to confidently take on substantial projects using the latest marketing science and thinking.
The Masters in Strategic Marketing is a 2-year part-time programme that is covered in two parts. You will do in-depth coursework through a number of modules, followed by a dissertation on a research topic of your choice. The dissertation comprises 50% of your mark and builds on everything you have learned during the course. You will need to choose a suitable topic, develop a research proposal, collect and analyse data, and present a research report.
- Research Methodology
- Research theory
- Applied Consumer Behaviour
- Customer Equity Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Advanced Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Applied Services Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
- 4-year degree/diploma NQF8 in marketing, honours degree or equivalent qualification with an overall average of 60% or better
- 2 to 4 years work experience
- Copies of all academic transcripts and degree certificates
- SAQA evaluation certificate (for students whose prior degrees were not awarded by a South African university)
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
- Non-refundable application fee
- Successful completion of the APIL test. For booking of the test contact Helen Preston firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates may also be required to attend an interview with WBS
Checklist for application
- Copies of all academic transcripts
Information is given in the General Information booklet but please note: Wits undergraduates do not need to submit a transcript. Graduates from other universities must submit a copy of their academic transcript. The transcript must include a complete list of all subjects taken for a degree, including any courses that were failed. A degree certificate is NOT a transcript.
- SAQA evaluation certificate (students whose prior degrees were not awarded by a South African University)
- Proof of English language proficiency (students who have not studied at tertiary level in English).
- WBS Psychometric test
- The non-refundable application fee of
- Management Part 3 (to be downloaded, completed and submitted) - Management Part 3 Word Format
- Complete the online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
Note: If a link above doesn't work, please copy and paste the URL into a browser.
0861 000 927
Disclaimer: Cancellation of programmes by WBS
- WBS is entitled to cancel or change the date of delivery of a programme without notice and for any reason without incurring any liability to individuals who have applied or are enrolled on the programme or any funders of such individuals (“participants” or “funders of participants”).
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, and insofar as it possible, WBS will provide the participants or funders of the participants with 30 (thirty days) days written notice of any cancellation or changes in the dates of delivery of the programme.
- Insofar as the programme is cancelled or rescheduled prior to delivery of the programme then in that event the participants and funders of the participants will not be charged the full programme fees.