Master of Global Business Management (MGBM) - Global Business
The program is a full-time pre-experience postgraduate degree program. It is customized for fresh graduates, both Chinese and international, who are of interest in both international business and Chinese economy or those with no more than two years of full-time post-qualification work experience who possess multi-cultural aptitudes and aim to take up international leadership positions in their career. The program intends to develop students’ management knowledge and skills related to managing global business and understanding China’s business environment, to create a community of diverse culture, to enhance students’ international exposure, and to prepare students to be potential candidates for leadership positions in international management in a cross-cultural work environment.
1. Organization and Human Resource Management 2. Strategic Management and Financial Management 3. Market Study and Marketing 4. Production Operation and Supply Chain Management
Duration of Learning
Total 2 – 2.5 years, including 1 to 1.5 years for program courses and at least 1 year in preparation for a thesis for master degree. All the required courses must be finished within 4 years.
Master candidates shall earn no less than 28 credits, including 6 credits for public courses, 12 credits for degree courses, 8 credits for non-degree courses and 2 credits for compulsories. Interdisciplinary students must take relative courses in economics or management after admission in line with professional requirements.
- Gain practical sense of doing business in China through an interesting line up of lectures, workshop, and seminars delivered by renowned scholars and industry experts;
- A deep insight into China’s dynamic business environment and knowledge about China’s culture, history, law, policy and etc.;
- Possible to get a double degree within 2.5 years of study: one Master degree from Tongji plus one Master degree from international partner institutions such as ESCP Europe, EMLYON Business School, European Business School, HHL Leipzig, Politecnico di Milano and etc.;
- One-on-one mentoring with a designated faculty member for thesis writing for degree-seeking students;
- Exposure to Real-life Business: engage with real challenges in China-based companies seeking for fresh solutions to their existing business challenges and sharpen your career path through the International business consultation project;
- A wealth of extracurricular activities on campus: e.g. Shanghai City tour, Cultural activities like paper-cutting, Chinese calligraphy, dumpling-making, Shadow-boxing, one-day excursion to water-town, Chat with Dean, Chinese buddy program, New year party, International Food Carnival, Chinese Festival Revelry, Chinese corner and etc.
For the students’ nationality, we take the statistics for the most recent three academic years as an example. Besides the Chinese master students, each academic year, international students from more than twenty countries study in the program. They joined in the master degree-seeking program, master double degree program and non-degree program. The proportion of international students and Chinese students is about two to one. Please find the following graph concerning the students’ nationality.
Diploma and Certificate
Upon completion of the all the degree requirements for the MCM study at Tongji, the students will be conferred Master’s Degree of Science in Management and a Graduation Certificate from Tongji University.
Add.: International Cooperation Office of SEM, Room 1301, Tongji Building A, No. 1500, Siping Rd. Tongji University, Shanghai, P.R. China, 200092
Program taught in: