Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers Graduate Research / Teaching Assistant (GRTA) scholarships to support qualified international students enrolled in graduate programs.
The scholarship provides generous remuneration and benefits that include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees.
- Medical insurance coverage for students under the Khalifa University visa.
- Support to attend international research conferences.
- The indicative monthly stipend for GRTA Scholarship is as follows (subject to change):
We will start taking applications starting November 1st, 2018 for the next intake in September 1st, 2019.
The Master of Engineering in Health, Safety and Environment Engineering degree program (M. Eng. in HSE Engineering) is designed for the educational preparation of two types of professionals:
- Engineering graduates who are currently working as engineers in industry and who intend to stay in that type of job, but who want to embed HSE in their engineering functions. These graduates will have diverse capabilities in the various aspects of HSE and will use this knowledge to manage risk as they devise optimal engineering and operational solutions within the constraints of regulatory mandates and best practices.
- Engineering graduates who wish to assume varying levels of HSE responsibilities in one or more aspects of a company’s HSE department/program. These graduates will have sufficient background to assume the role of a general HSE engineering practitioner/ manager while possessing additional capabilities in any one of the offered HSE areas of concentrations.
The objectives of the Master of Engineering in HSE Engineering program are to:
- Provide graduates with sufficient scientific and engineering breadth to design and develop innovative solutions to HSE problems in occupational settings.
- Provide a pool of highly educated graduates who can utilize their acquired knowledge to enhance the competitive edge of their employer.
- Provide graduates with outstanding education, management skills and knowledge to further their career aspirations.
- Provide graduates with effective communication and teamwork skills to function successfully in their careers.
- Provide graduates with a quality education committed to excellence and innovation that fosters leadership, professionalism and life-long learning.
Upon completion of the Master of Engineering in HSE Engineering program, graduates will be able to:
- Successfully anticipate, recognize, evaluate hazardous conditions and work practices in the overall areas of HSE, hazard control in production systems, industrial hygiene, system safety, risk management, environmental, fire protection, hazardous waste, QHSE program management and ergonomics and human factors.
- Successfully develop/implement engineering and administrative control strategies for identified hazardous conditions and work practices in the overall areas of HSE, hazard control in production systems, industrial hygiene, system safety, risk management, environmental, fire protection, hazardous waste, security and emergency management, HSE program management, and human factors.
- Produce professional-quality technical summaries/reports.
- Clearly express their ideas and thoughts through professional presentations.
- Successfully function as members of teams working towards achieving solutions to defined problems.
- Develop research skills relevant to the disciplines within HSE.
Overall Structure and Requirements
The M. Eng. in HSE Engineering program consists of a minimum of 32 credit hours. The required program credits are distributed as follows: 23 credits of Programme Core courses and 9 credits of Programme Elective courses. A student may organise the selection of the elective courses to follow an area of concentration (AOC) within the broad field of HSE. In such cases, the AOC will be noted on the student’s transcript. The table below presents a summary of the M.Eng. in HSE Engineering degree program structure and requirements. All the M.Eng. in HSE program courses with the exception of the 1-credit research course and the 1-credit scientific and technical writing communications course, have a credit rating of three credits each.
Summary of M. Eng. in HSE Degree Programme Structure and Requirements
Programme Core - Courses
Programme Core – Research Methods in HSE
Programme Core - Scientific and Technical Writing
Programme Electives for AOC
Students seeking the degree of M.Eng. in HSE must successfully complete a minimum of 32 credited hours as specified in the categories detailed in this section, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 10, 2018